Monday, August 30, 2010

A New Start or More Disappointment?

Yesterday Jesse Guardiola, Guardiola Construction, went to see the single wide to give a renovation estimate and he was, at first, pretty disheartened at the present state of the single wide.
Still, he offered to get with John and donate a week free labor to get this situation turned around - and get me into a comfortable "home" before winter, so I was blessed despite his misgivings about the trailer I had bought.It was his professional opinion which may have turned things around, for he wanted to get a new roof on the mobile home without undue delay before starting re-building the walls, putting in new floors.
The fact that he estimated that we would need 70+ 2x6's - and we would be using the metal roof purchased for the barn, had my heart in my mouth.

Having a building fund stolen is starting to become an expensive and frustrating business. I don't recommend this to anyone.

Active duty military members from Fort Bliss, El Paso, attended a marriage seminar at the Ruidoso Convention Center this week-end and I was honored to be able to work with one member and his wife. Almost all of these US Army members had returned from the middle east and it was a week-end of many blessings. Your cup runneth over when a son has his father, and mother, and a family are re-united after lengthy periods apart. And our cup runneth over when those same people will risk all to serve their country.

It magnified my desire to start an equine therapy program for returning vets and their families, but even if I cannot achieve it I know beyond a shadow of doubt that as long as these young couples are willing to go beyond the call of duty we are blessed indeed.
Praying for our troops and their families.
If you listed all the reasons for your faith, and all the things that make you cry, it would be essentially the same list. ~Robert Brault