Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lord, Calm This Storm

Yesterday was nothing short of an emotional nightmare. It's mortifying how difficult life can be without a vehicle in these mountains, when you depend upon your vehicle for work. It was just a stressful day for no other reasons than feeling the weight of my world on my shoulders in cold stark reality.

The garage couldn't fix the oil leak without running up a $1,700 fee no matter how diligently they tried. They again advised me to trade the truck but without a line of credit a homeless person floundering to build a home cannot finance anything.
I was so thankful, felt so blessed, that Andy's garage AGAIN spent time on my truck trying to resolve a situation for me and never charged me a dime. There are some people you meet that you thank God for because their caring is so appreciated.
Thank you God for bringing these folks into my life.

A group of us drove to Tulerosa to pick construction material I had purchased directly after buying the single wide trailer. I had left it where it was knowing that the sellers were not relocating to Nevada until December.

I could barely move a muscle. I could see impatience as I tried to move around but simply couldn't stop the physical pain from preventing normal movement. I finally joked about being "old" but inside my heart I was screaming, "I'm up all night freezing cold while you are all in warm beds, I'm so exhausted I don't know how to function or if I can function one more day. Can't you see I'm totally done in?"
But I didn't say a word. I just tried to understand that people can't understand. If you are not sleeping in the cold you can't even imagine the physical stress and the pain.Jan, driving her Dodge350 with a flatbed trailer, was an absolute saint, Anna & Mike did all the heavy lifting, and the sellers are so much fun and full of joy they made a stressful situation enjoyable despite the hardships.

We stopped by my property to unload and I just stood disheartened.
This was supposed to be our "dream" home. A home designed for me to live in for the rest of my life. A home my mother could stay in, the family could visit. A home that should have been ready by July 2008.

The wind had done enough damage to make the place look like a junk yard, metal roofing scattered everywhere. A tarp ripped and shredded stuck over the trailer and hanging in the tree branches. Metal coming off the trailer flopping around in the wind.
As I looked around at the total mess on a cold windy winter day the stark reality that everything is in shambles, too much destruction for me to handle hit me like a ton of bricks. The scene plummeted me into dire hopelessness. Depression simply swept over me and I didn't know which way to turn to resolve anything anymore.

My boss kept asking me to go and pick items up, explaining that I didn't have a vehicle seems not to be understandable.

All of a sudden my own worth became questionable. You keep struggling and get nowhere and as I got into bed at 5.30 pm so cold I couldn't stop shaking. Tears ran down my face and I cried myself to sleep.After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem there is a solution, and the soul's indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer. -William R. Alger