Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter White At Last?

But perhaps not for long...

The weather forecast is predicting that we will back to warmer weather by Monday. Hopefully so.

Waking up to a few inches of snow was a bitter-sweet experience and I wasn't too sure of I should be thrilled for the ski resort or mortified for myself.

Yesterday afternoon my oldest daughter phoned and told me that the money order from Robert Huckins had arrived. Decembers payment arriving the 16th? He's certainly paying on a more regular schedule. Maybe he found the stash of money he's been hiding and one of these days he'll be so overcome with remorse and repentance he'll send me the $79,000 and just go away.

That post would be titled, "A Miracle."

Meanwhile the State of New Mexico Corrections Department gave me a summary of what he still owes.
After deducting this money order for $456.66 he now has a balance due that he owes me of $79,003.38.

There again, he has a home and his life goes on without a care in the world.Therefore, don't let sinners take courage to think they will be favoured like the thief on the cross; for we see on the other side, they may be like the hardened one, and reproach death itself. - Elias Hicks