Saturday, December 11, 2010

Statistics:


This particular blog is attracting up to and beyond 100 readers per day. The total readership is now well into the thousands and growing at an incredible rate.

When I first started it the idea was to keep a diary of day-to-day details of a recovery process, showing how painfully difficult it was for a victim of fraud and embezzlement in America to recover, without any safety nets in place. Giving specifics instead of allowing people to make up fallacies. It was to clarify a situation in a region given to gossip, lies and deception.
I truly believed that the ONLY thing needed to destroy deception .. is truth.

I can write a whole lot better than I can speak. My fingers on a keyboard don't stammer and stutter, they don't feel embarrassment. I was never born to be a "speaker" that is for sure. And I would probably die to protect the freedom of speech that goes into the written word.

I am a professional in the horse industry. But my interest in international politics is deep and sincere. I never expected to include socio-political matters within this blog, because no matter which side of the fence you are on you are going to alienate someone.

But some things just became too big not to include. If the topic was on my mind it found it's way to this blog. And typical of my personality it takes a long time for me to research and know the facts of any situation, but when I make a decision based upon facts I make no bones about it.

My sincere gratitude to John Wilkes and his British and American counter-parts.

John Wilkes was an 18th-century journalist and popular London politician. In 1771, that great lover of liberty, John Wilkes, and a number of printers challenged the law that prohibited the reporting of Parliamentary debates and speeches, kept secret because those in power argued that the information was too sensitive and would disrupt the life of the country if made public. Using the arcane laws of the City of London, Alderman Wilkes arranged for the interception of the Parliamentary messengers sent to arrest the printers who had published debates, and in doing so successfully blocked Parliament. By 1774, a contemporary was able to write: "The debates in both houses have been constantly printed in the London."

“Earl of Sandwhich . . .You shall either die of the pox or on the gallows

John Wilkes . . . That sir depends on whether I embrace your mistress or your politics”