Friday, December 10, 2010

Stressed Out...

For an entire week I have fought violent migraines and stress related to the upcoming Christmas holidays and the complete standstill on any progress on either the trailer house or barn.
Writing this blog just wasn't easy for me, and I decided to let it go for a while. In fact I decided to take the advice John Lennon gave when he said the, "Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted!"
I wasted the evenings not by chewing my fingernails in frustration at the lack of progress with the house and barn but biting my fingernails catching up on international politics.
Neither of which I can do much about.

Yesterday I met with a local businessman who had been to see the property on Wednesday, who advised me not to put any more funds into the trailer because it was not livable. I would have agreed with him 3 years ago, but today desperation and lack of alternatives give me no choice. I have to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
And despite depression and everything moving at the speed of a sloth on librium I am angry enough to be determined to get this finished come hell or high water.

Now it's a matter of patience without panic while one welder slowly put's the barn roof together and family members with no construction knowledge pitch in to do whatever we can. If I am living on that property by mid-summer 2011 I will be blessed. And truly mean blessed.

It will have taken 4 years. So much for American justice.

I have such low expectations that if ONE person is available to work with me I'm just tickled pink and I see so much hope on the horizon. Maybe THAT'S a sign of Judicial System Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome?

Almost all my grand-children's presents are safely hidden away, bar a few more items, and within 15 days I can give a HUGE sigh of relief because all of the focus & finances can go back onto that property again.

Meanwhile we are back at the 10th of the month, that day of each month when Robert Huckins has to have paid the $450+ monthly payment.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane