Thursday, October 6, 2011

Senior Moments

I woke up at 4.30 am in so much pain I wanted to scream in anguish. I actually woke up at 2 am, then went back to sleep. And 3.30 am, and went back to sleep. By 4.30 am I had no choice but to get out of bed and try to resolve this awful pain in my hips, spine, shoulders, neck and ankles.

One of the very first posts I read on twitter this morning was; "It's cold, I don't have a winter jacket, I'm tired, and really don't feel like being homeless today. mm'K,Thanks"

The bitter cold wind is blowing through this shed and I'm tired too. Being homeless is exhausting.. it's a killer. My heart simply went out to this poster because I know his walk only too well.I drove my boss to Las Cruces early this morning to have 3 teeth extracted even though I was deathly ill, but it was good to get out and about. The high winds have been blowing insanely from morning till night, going through White Sands was like going through a wind tunnel.
I was on edge because my youngest daughter was going into surgery, but the procedure went better than expected and it wasn't long before I was able to relax and not worry further..

Coming back through Alamogordo on the way back home I passed an ambulance with my daughter in it. I telephoned to tell her that I was right behind her with my boss heading back to Alto. She told me that my oldest grandson, now around 6 or 7 years old, has Bassel-Hagens disease and has a huge tumor on his leg. She kept placing an emphasis on the size of the tumor, and I know the consequences of having tumors around your joints causing so much pain. He is going to the doctors tomorrow.

My boss kept going on about my driving, and forgetfulness.. the more he went on the more it reminded me of an hilarious news article someone posted on Facebook.
There has been not a word from Otero County Electricity to give me a new estimate for getting the utilities to our land. Yesterday Jan and I discussed this awful "hurry up and wait" mentality that makes a simplistic task into a dragged out and complex dilemma in the land of MaƱana.

I heard from Crime Survivors and joined their group both on Facebook and Twitter. Should any person want to join it's an invaluable group:

Crime Survivors vision is for victims of crime to recover from their experience mentally, physically, emotionally, and financially, by receiving the respect, support, and protection from law enforcement, the judicial system, and the community.

Crime Survivors is committed to serving our community by being an advocate and resource for crime victims and their families. If you don’t know where to turn, or are confused or frustrated with the public services that are available to you as you recover or seek justice, Crime Survivors can help. Our web site will provide information, resources and tools that will help you become a “Survivor”.

Crime Survivors works in your community to make victims’ rights a top priority. We facilitate communication and cooperation across various public service, government and non-profit organizations to ensure that Victims’ rights are understood, and that the services victims are entitled to are received. If you think you are not receiving the assistance you should, please contact us.

1. All victims of a crime have the right and responsibility to survive.
http://www.causes.com/causes/7964-crime-survivors/about

It is snowing in northern New Mexico.. and it won't be long before it's snowing here. Robert Huckins stole our building fund and left me homeless. Does anyone care? The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be. -Socrates
Again I appeal to the Huckins family members I am aware of, Malcolm Huckins, Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) What happened to Dorothy McKeever was inexcusable, and not one person would speak up for her. What happened to myself and my family no different. Your brother, cousin, son, Robert Huckins, stole our building fund knowing that once it was hidden we wouldn't even have the funds to rent a home.

He walked out of the Wells Fargo Bank on Sudderth Drive with $110,000 DAYS before the White Collar Crime investigators, for the State of New Mexico, demanded that he repay ALL of our building fund back within a 30 day period. The money disappeared into thin air, even though days later he was recorded in a deposition admitting that he had the money, adding that he didn't need 30 days to repay the money back, he could pay it back in less time.

Officer John Barnes of the state police was present during that deposition. Someone knows where our building fund is. And the people who know where it is are perfectly aware of the damage they are doing. There was much, much money collected from numerous victims than the amount of money recorded in this particular withdrawal from the Wells Fargo bank. And it wasn't spent on contracted jobs, because almost all employees and subcontractors were given hot checks. A number so large in dollar amount and numbers that it was impossible to account for them all.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.


I can't physically go on being homeless and I want to see my mother. The 12th District Courts described this damage as "grievous." I would call it far more. Abuse above and beyond what any woman should be subjected to, let alone a victim of crime.


I implore you to intervene and make your brother, cousin, son, return ALL of the building fund that he stole so that we can have what you all have...
a home. I am begging for anyone to help me retrieve our home. We have paid for a home many, many times over both in finances and pain & suffering due to this continued this cruelty. I will keep asking every single day until the day I die, because I am so desperate, and I have no idea where else to turn. The master's tools will never dismantle the master's house. They may allow us temporarily to beat him at his own game, but they will never allow us to bring about genuine change.~ Audre Lorde