Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where There Is Smoke.. There Is Fire

These are horrendously cold nights and I welcome Rio and Gracie snuggling up to me. Their body heat is a life saver during the bitter night.
The east coast are really taking a beating and my heart simply aches for those who have lost their homes and are homeless in these regions.
Yesterday afternoon turned into such a gorgeous day that I managed to get quite a few errands done, but I still have not managed to get the documentation for the riding program together. It's so dark and cold in the shed that even when the weather goes into warmer temperatures outside I don't feel it in here. Staying at the computer doing research work is an uncomfortable frozen misery .
Today, like yesterday, turned into a very pretty day.
We are approaching the holiday season... a season I have grown to detest in the past 3+ years. It's difficult to face such a festive season when you are homeless. I am fortunate not to be in a town or city. I can't imagine what the homeless do when they are surrounded with people getting ready for the holidays we essentially associate with home and family. It literally rips my heart out of my chest, and I know that others feel the same.

Before noon smoke started bellowing out of the shed, and I am glad that I wasn't running errands when the fire started. It would have been an absolute disaster.

I only have two serviceable wall sockets. The electrical wiring came in on the ark, and all light fixtures stopped working years ago. I don't know if the squirrels or other wildlife chewed through all the wiring... but for whatever reason there isn't a working light fixture in this shed.

The two wall sockets are "iffy" at best. If I try to use, for example, an electric heater it not only blows out ALL the electricity in the shed, but in the main house also. If I try to use a microwave while the drier in the house is being used... it trips the switch and blows out the entire lot.

Trying to find a source of electricity I resorted to using extension cords, with multiple plug fixtures. Extension cords are really not safe for permanent use and today one set on fire. It isn't the first time, but it is the first time sparks set adjacent material on fire ~ and it scared the living daylights out of me.
Thankfully while I tried to disconnect the cords the circuit breaker tripped and all electricity was shut off well before I managed to get the fire extinguished.

I spent most of the afternoon trying to get the thick smoke out of the shed. An electrical fire, even when other combustibles burned as well, leaves such a horrible smell. And I spent considerable time seeking a way to keep an electric source available. If I had too many electric cords in this shed before today, it was nothing like I have now. Just trying to survive and manage to tread water homeless is total insanity.

I don't want to live like an animal. I don't want this anymore. I'm exhausted and depressed about a life that has become intolerably cruel and unforgiving. The price of greed and a criminal mind is far too high.
Someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. I, like those victims who came before me, have been dragged through a living hell and I simply beg for your mercy. I can't obtain a home until Robert Huckins returns the money he stole from us that was to buy a home. Had he given the money back when he promised the white collar crime investigators I wouldn't be making this plea today. Had he never stolen any money I wouldn't be making this plea today. But he pushes the abuse and torment to an extent where no alternatives are offered. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy. It cost me $140,000 to have NO home - be homeless - just to satisfy the greed and criminal behavior of Robert Huckins..

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...

He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...

And his freedom.


I have NOTHING but the continual cruel
ty and torment of being homeless.
Grace means more than gifts. In grace something is transcended, once and for all overcome. Grace happens in spite of something; it happens in spite of separateness and alienation. Grace means that life is once again united with life, self is reconciled with self. Grace means accepting the abandoned one. Grace transforms fate into a meaningful vocation. It transforms guilt to trust and courage. The word grace has something triumphant in it.~Yrjo Kallinen