Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Living In A Home Is Greatly Over Rated..


My youngest daughter suffered serious complications because of the MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) on Friday but the ER sent her home, and she was back in the hospital by the start of the week. Because the MRSA has already gone into her vital organs this is getting so stressful for this is like the proverbial yo-yo. One minute it's under control, the next it's not. Back and forth so quickly you don't know what is happening .

In a deepening recession, without medical insurance, and unable to work, the resources available are limited. She, like all of us, depend upon family members coming in to help finance the medical costs. With almost $50,000 owing thus far it's just not easy. But you do what you have to do.

It would be a hardship, but not a devastating hardship, if I was in a home with a normal earning potential. But trying to build a home while homeless, paying medical bills could potentially end the sliver of hope I am trying to retain.

If I have to use all my building fund to get her the medical care she needs, that is what I will do. That is an obvious and perfectly normal thing for a mother to do.
But I shouldn't have to make such an awful decision. Robert & Sylvi Huckins are not been forced into such a dilemma ... there again.. they are not being forced into homelessness. They can sit on stolen money and no-one seems the least interested in forcing them to give the money back so lives ~ our lives ~ can return to normal.

I can't even start to describe the frustration I feel waking up each and everyday to this judicial fiasco, and the worry of being a homeless mother, grand-mother and daughter in the middle of a serious recession. But, having heard that she is going back to hospital this morning I don't have to worry about risking designing t-shirts to increase my building fund and get into a home. Homes must be greatly over rated for me to not need one.

The weather is taking a turn, it's cloudy and overcast and rain is due to arrive and stay for a spring monsoon through the next week. I can't say that it will not be welcome.

Having marketed horses for the Lazy J for weeks success may be on the horizon with the one performance stallion and perhaps a few other horses heading into the show ring. It's long overdue and though I'm going to be sad to watch the stallion leave I would be delighted to see him go where I cannot take him under these circumstances.

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross