Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Calm Before The Storm

The temperature was well in the teens when I woke up before sunrise and I felt deathly ill. A violent migraine sent me to bed early last night, and was waiting for me when I opened my eyes. It took a few hours for me to try and get it under control, but it lingered like a bad dream.

I grabbed the hair conditioner intending to try and wash my hair and try to clean myself up. I will admit that this was before sunrise, my eyesight is shocking and I felt deathly ill. That is my excuse.

As I opened the container and grabbed a handful of hair conditioner my first thought was, "It has to be colder than I think because the hair conditioner is frozen" and I promptly started putting it in my hair.
Not until after I had put a handful of the goo on my hair did I pick up the container and read the front. "Palmers Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E. Heals and softens rough,dry skin."



While I was trying to get it out of my hair my youngest daughter texted me to tell me that she had been in an accident with her mare. I felt so guilty that I responded in a less than unsympathetic manner I phoned her back and asked her to phone a local vet.

There are times when you are so ill, so exhausted and in such misery that extending compassion is present ~ but the words come across sharper than you realize. It's very hard being a mother, daughter or even a friend when you are homeless fighting incredible odds and unbelievable hardships.

But, having started the day in style it can only get better.
The weather today has been beyond gorgeous. It's been delightful. Crystal blue skies and fairly warm temperatures. I ended up going back to bed to try and get rid of the migraine, but after an hour I was up and ready to tackle the day...

Not only did I manage to get so much work done for my boss but I also managed to wash and dry my blankets..... nothing is nicer than the rare times I can get "clean" blankets.

By Saturday a snow storm is forecast to be here but I am praying with diligence that it will not materialize. I love these sunny warmer days in the Sacramento Mountains.

As I walked into the shed around 5 pm I suddenly heard the sound of elk calling to each other. Not 600 yards away from the shed there was a large band of elk.. perhaps 25-30 in all.
Yes, I certainly do love these mountains.

Today the woman on *twitter from NY,NY goes into her new apartment with her children. She hasn't been on-line but my mind and best wishes keep going to her. Praying that the road is made smooth for them.

The State of Homelessness in America Report Suggests Risk of Homelessness Persists for Many American Families
Overall homelessness numbers down since 2009; Severe housing cost burden, doubling up continues to rise

Despite a slight decrease in the overall number of people experiencing homelessness, indicators suggest that homelessness may affect more and more Americans in the coming years. In a report to be released at a press conference Wednesday, January 18, the National Alliance to End Homelessness examines the levels of homelessness at both state and national levels, and also examines issues related to homelessness including severe housing cost burden, doubling up, unemployment, and foreclosure.

Major Findings:

  • The nation’s homeless population decreased 1 percent, or by about 7,000 people between 2009 and 2011; it went from 643,067 (2009) to 636,017 (2011). Most of the examined subpopulations, including families, chronically homeless people, and individuals, experienced a decrease in population. The only increase was among people who were unsheltered.
  • The largest decrease was among homeless veterans, whose population declined 11 percent. The number of homeless veterans went from 75,609 in 2009 to 67,495 in 2011, a reduction of about 8,000.
  • Chronic homelessness decreased by 3 percent from 110,911 in 2009 to 107,148 in 2011. The chronically homeless population has decreased by 13 percent since 2007. The decrease is associated with an increase in the number of permanent supportive housing units from 188,636 in 2007 to 266,968 in 2011. Permanent supportive housing ends chronic homelessness.
  • The number of poor households that spent more than 50 percent of their incomes on rent – defined by HUD as households that are “severely housing cost burdened” – increased by 6 percent from 5.9 million in 2009 to 6.2 million in 2010. Three-quarters of all poor renter households had severe housing cost burdens.
  • The “doubled up” population (people who live with friends, family or other nonrelatives for economic reasons) increased by 13 percent from 6 million in 2009 to 6.8 million in 2010. The doubled up population increased by more than 50 percent from 2005 to 2010.
  • “What’s remarkable here is that despite the recession and its aftermath, homelessness did not increase,” said Nan Roman, president of the Alliance. “That appears to be due to $1.5 billion federal Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program – a stimulus initiative focused on preventing a recession-related increase in homelessness. The program worked, but the funds are nearly gone. In addition, persistent unemployment, rising housing cost burden, and an increase in doubled up households suggest heightened risk of homelessness for more and more Americans. In order to prevent a rise in homelessness in the future, we need to prioritize a safety net for the most vulnerable, and to ramp up investment in proven, housing-centered solutions.”

    The State of Homelessness is the second in an annual series. For more information and access to the full report, please visit the Alliance website: http://www.endhomelessness.org/content/article/detail/4361.

There has to be someone related to Robert &Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back. I am begging anyone in this family for help.

I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none vio
lent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers footsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Liam Griffin, I sat in your law office with two witnesses as you gave me your promise, your guarantee, that our money would be returned before harm came to us.

Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins you were present the day I signed contract with your son. You walked out of the kitchen with Sylve Huckins and your son introduced me to you. He told you that I was the British horse trainer he had told you about, the one he was going to build the home and barn for. Why didn't you say something? There may be a rational and reasonable explanation but I have spent over 3 years, homeless, not understanding it. I understand it even less knowing that though I was a total stranger, both Dorothy McKeever and Sally Canning you KNEW, and you knew what your son had done to them and others.

Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, I contacted you and simply asked f
or a reference, not knowing that Robert Huckins was your cousin. Robert Huckins had just stolen over $30,000 from the domestic violence shelter, HEAL, yet everyone was trying to hide it. There was a history of stealing large amounts of money. $65,000 PLUS from Nancy Canning. $89,000 PLUS from Dorothy McKeever, $45,000 from Francis McKinney. The list just goes on and on and on.
Because of Robert Huckins I ended up paying
$140,000 to be homeless.. sat in the cold, emotionally, physically and financially broke. In the middle of a recession, with no way to recover the stolen funds.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.


Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Please, I beg with everything I have within me, pl
ease convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

Relevant pages:

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/shattered-dreams-endless-nightmare.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/paul-harvey-once-reported-if-you-want.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/who-is-robert-millard-huckins.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-where-is-money.html
http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-defense-attorneys-woes.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/20
10/06/pen-is-mightier-than-sword.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/02/morally-bankrupt.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/06/robert-huckins-legal-plea.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/many-faces-of-abuse.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/shadow-women.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/price-of-crime.html
http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/12/white-nothing-but-white.htmlThe hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality. ~John F Kennedy