Friday, October 15, 2010

Leap Of Faith

Under extreme pressure from my employer to contact Senator Rod Adair I made a leap of faith and e-mailed him yesterday, attaching the engineers report with the e-mail, and explaining the dilemma.

Senator Adair contacted others within the government and said:

Please try to help her—as this has been an ongoing, nightmare of a problem for her for about three years or more.-Rod Adair

We will have to wait and see what happens now.Yesterday while picking up supplies for my employer Jesse Gordiola spotted my truck and caught up with me in the Walmart parking lot. Having been down to the property to check the progress of the house he had seen the red tags and wondered what was happening.

As a licensed contractor of 35+ years who owns a half dozen mobile homes he was stunned at the new CID laws yet he still wanted to help. The major problem is to try and overcome this new law, and obtain a homeowners permit to finish the trailer, and find some help to work with Jesse. A tall order in this region.

This morning my oldest daughter phoned to tell me that my mum has just been released from the hospital with a broken wrist. I can't find my passport or birth certificate amongst the tons of possessions that have been boxed and stored for the past 3+ years, with the British Embassy so far away, and ALL of my money tied up in this house without any available funds to buy a plane ticket I am simply panic struck. But my daughter has her passport out and ready should she need to fly back to England.

By late afternoon I got an e-mail from a mutual friend saying: "She slipped in the bathroom & got the break & has a small pot on for 3 weeks."

Giving a HUGE sigh of relief.

I am mortified that 3 years after my mothers money was stolen by American contractor, Robert Huckins, and with less than $2,000 of the $82,200 returned, I am still no further forward.
Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6