Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stormy Night


At 2.30am this morning a lightening strike woke me and the heavens outside were opening up. This is a really loud and intense storm with rolling thunder and pouring rain, and so bitterly cold with this high wind. We rarely get storms this bad.

I'm fretting over the less than waterproof house trailer and the money I have invested in building material. The footings of the barn that have been dug out making water erosion inevitable. I just don't see how it can all hold up under this type of weather, but I'm 12 miles south of the property and couldn't do much if I went to Magado Creek and tried to protect everything. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that the new floor in the living room will be flooded out by now.
This is such a helpless feeling.

The fact that I still have internet connection is nothing short of a miracle. It doesn't take long for damp or wet weather to corrode the connections - then I can be without communication for days.

All changes when you are homeless. The snowy days when you could sit in your kitchen drinking hot chocolate brings warm memories, but when everything is stripped away snowy days don't quite bring the same memories. So it is with the constant rain. My boss had a hired hand bank soil around this shed to prevent it from flooding out, but I find myself constantly looking for running water - just in case the bank breaks and I am ankle deep in water.

A friend in Kentucky e-mailed and said: "Dig down deep Denise and remember your ancestral roots .. your ancestors survived the barbarians, survived the Romans, survived the plague, survived the Germans, DON'T SURRENDER, FIGHT THEM UNTO THE END."

I read the e-mail and started laughing. Well, my ancestors were never pulled through the State of New Mexico judicial system, only to then face the State of New Mexico Construction Industries Division. If they had they would have probably been very happy to give England to the Romans lock, stock and barrel.

3+ years is a long time. It's actually a shameful length of time. As you get older and your health starts to fail you realize how important 3+ years out of your life really is.

This morning I telephoned Senator Adairs office, and found that they had not yet done anything but would see what they could do. The fact that more damage is being done to the house trailer and the building material due to the delays by red tagging, during severe weather, doesn't seem to register.

I can't speak. This pneumonia came back in full force last night and I can hardly talk so it get's terribly frustrating trying to explain to someone who has no idea what has happened the seriousness of the situation.

Do you truthfully say, "I'm going to be found dead if I can't get into a warm house very quickly!"

A 57 yr old victim of felony fraud and embezzlement CAN be homeless out in the bitter weather, but can't finish her home because the State of New Mexico wants to "protect me." But Robert Huckins, a licensed builder in the State of New Mexico CAN build without insurance, permits, inspections and they ignore him... and ignore him for FIFTEEN YEARS.

What a load of hogwash!

I'd like to know who reported me to CID, for I am confident that a phone call was made, and the inspector responded to that phone call. I'm also fairly confident that I know whom it was.
I could be wrong and admit such. But I don't think so. The timing with the Ruidoso News article is just too much of a coincidence given all of the other circumstances.

"Control" is a strange thing. While speaking to Jan one day I was so perplexed at why a person would start demanding my social security number, and medical records - and start rummaging through personal information and property tax records. It seems almost psychopathic. Jan smiled and said, "Knowledge is power, power gives a person control."
More drama, manufactured drama borne out of boredom and the need to control a situation. It's psychopathic.

I phoned John Boyd, who said that he would be in Ruidoso this coming week end and would start to put the roof on the barn for me, but I am almost scared to have any hope for fear of facing another crushing disappointment.

Jan is 100% correct. The State of New Mexico need to buy this property from me for the monies my mother invested in it and spare me some serious grief. I have enough grief and it needs to end.

Maybe I should go water the fruit tree's. I seem to have neglected that chore lately.

Living is strife and torment, disappointment and love and sacrifice, golden sunsets and black storms. - Lawrence Olivier