Saturday, October 16, 2010

Perseverance


Rain Forecast, Perhaps Snow... the mere thought of snow simply mortifies me. If I had wanted webbed feet I would have remained in England.. the amount of rain we have had in 2010 is really too much. The weather forecast say's that a severe storm will hit us mid-week but I am praying that it will not materialize.

My youngest grandson, Zach, has his 3rd birthday tomorrow and for weeks he has begged and pleaded for a battery operated tractor and farm trailer. We purchased it two weeks ago and it's been safely hidden.
Not knowing that his hearts desire is already his the begging and pleading continues. He is showing incredible focus and perseverance for a 3 yr old. Prayerfully it will be dry enough tomorrow for him to zoom around their property enough time for him to have fun.

* Perseverance: "Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness."
* prokarteresis suggest more than mere toleration of a circumstances....
* It means to be "earnest or strong towards; to be constantly diligent; to adhere closely to; to continue instant in; to be steadfast with a person or a thing."

I believe that I have been nothing but persevering ... I'm not too sure that I can persevere anymore.

You can become so confused about life, loyalty, character and what people regard to be right and wrong that it simply blows your mind. Has the whole world lost it's ever loving mind or is this restricted to Lincoln County?

We have such an incredibly small number of people within a 400 mile square radius most people can't even comprehend it. If I said 20,000 give or take a few, I wouldn't be far off. Yet every time you turn around someone else is embezzling large amounts of money.

There was yet another case this past week, a 70 year old given 3 years in jail for stealing over $100,000 from the Ruidoso Board of Realtors, the very SAME people who backed the GTR tax which means a continuance of an entire community depending on gambling as a foundation of their revenue.

Over $100,000 was the figure given when it came to the money being investigated from the churches the week prior.

Robert Huckins hit the magical $100,000 figure quite a few times in his criminal career, turning dozens of lives upside down in the process.

Our middle class is slowly dissolving in this recession. The working class are simply falling below the poverty level. I have known a lot of wealthy people, but despite the hardship the economy is subjecting some to I've never met any millionaire who was any happier because of their wealth. I have known more than a few who were miserable.

So what would possess someone to embark on a life of crime if it is going to cause such misery for all concerned?

I hear so much talk of "Patriotism" "Constitution" "Rights"as though America invented the words but rarely do I hear about "Character" "Honesty" "Honor ability" "Integrity."

A nation is nothing without those characteristics, because eventually criminal behavior will become the normal and we won't even bat an eye when someone steals large sums. It will be what we can expect because it will be what we deserve.

I want my grandson to grow into an honorable person, who walks an honest path with integrity. I want his word to be is bond, and a handshake to be a firm promise. I want him to look in the mirror and see the man God desires him to be.
I want that far more than he wants that battery operated tractor and trailer.

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. ~Albert Einstein