Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Mexico C.I.D Twilight Zone


I spoke to Paul at Benchmark Engineers and he was simply wonderful. He was trying to get hold of Russell Wink to find out if the red tags had been removed, and asked me to do the same. Between the two we should have some success..

I reached Russell Wink on the first try. I now apply for the permits? Ahh, hold your horses here.. this is a whole new world.

This time it seems that I need someone licensed in trailer/modular renovations by the State of New Mexico. The State of New Mexico changed the laws on September 28th, 2010 and the homeowner can no longer apply for a homeowners permit to renovate their own home UNLESS THEY SIT A TEST.

Wasn't that 14 days ago? AFTER the trailer was red tagged? Why didn't CID allow me to apply for the permits BEFORE THE LAW CHANGED?

I TRIED to get a homeowners renovation permit on the 24th of September.
I tried AGAIN on the 27th of September.


BOTH times the request was turned down because they demanded an engineers report FIRST.

I feel like I am losing my ever loving mind here.

It's very difficult trying to speak when you have pneumonia, and inspector Russel Wink rightfully said that he wasn't responsible for the laws within the state of New Mexico - and he really isn't.

But when the State of New Mexico Construction Industries Division at ANY time tries to tell me that their laws are for MY benefit my response is always going to be simplistic.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN ROBERT HUCKINS WAS STEALING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM VICTIMS ... BUILDING WITHOUT INSURANCE, WITHOUT PERMITS, WITHOUT INSPECTIONS, VIOLATING EVERY SINGLE CODE ON THE BOOKS?

YOU ARE A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT PROTECTING ME FOR GOODNESS SAKES.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Having departed from the New Mexico Judicial System Twilight Zone your next stop is, The New Mexico Construction Industries Division Twilight Zone!
( With apologies to ) - Rod Sterling

There Was Actually 34 Because God Was There With Us!

Tonight I was too ill to sleep, and remained fixed to the Chilean miners rescue. I am a coal miners daughter whose father, Irvin Fowell, was killed in a mining accident at Criggleston Pit.

When you are born and raised in a coal mining community, and when you are my age, you have stood at pit heads. You have heard the alarm signifying a collapse. You have lost loved ones. You have seen hope where there is no hope. It's an earth shattering experience to have people stuck underground. Years later no matter where it happens, or how it happens, you go back years and miles to another time when you were personally involved.

To watch technology bring people out over 1/2 a mile, to see so many countries work together, to see rescue's happen that would have been unthinkable 50 years ago - to watch a miracle, is nothing short of amazing.

33 individuals have a testimony that is nothing short of remarkable, praying that all use this for the glory of God, giving the glory to God.