Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rumordoso


I woke up very early, and very ill this morning. I just can't seem to shake this pneumonia. The temperature say's 32 degree's but you couldn't prove it by me. However, no rain or snow in sight. Hallelujah!

The name "Rumordoso" was the very reason I started this blog. When I did a web search of the name it brought up pages and pages of web sites, mostly blogs. One specifically caught my attention because it was written by a local and well written. From Texas O Texas:

"You may know it as Ruidoso, but I and everyone living there know it as Rumordoso. As I think about it, this synonym-like and disturbing word that has been mimicked throughout the small town, hardly justifies the true essence of Ruidoso. Behind it’s beautiful mountains, pine trees, ski resort, and neighboring reservations hides a world hugely affected by drugs, primarily cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamine."

When I did a further search I found that Wild West Domains, Inc owned the web sites with the name Rumordoso.

The fact is, the region has earned it's name and with justification. Gossip runs faster than an All American winner and by the time it's gone from one part of the village to the other the "facts" being spread around have no bearing on "truth." Often with disastrous and destructive results.
Ruidoso tongues wagging could raise the dead!

Yesterday I spoke to Jeff Harvey and see how much it would cost me to have him take his bobcat to my land and get that soil in the barn, that has been dug away from the walls, back onto of the footings before the water caused erosion cause larger cracks in the structure than I am already trying to fill. When he said he charges $65 a hour I gasped. I'm clearly in the wrong business. But Jeff laughed and said that it wouldn't take long and he'd go by and take a look.

At the Lazy J Running Thoroughbred & Quarter Horse ranch Jan looked like she had been pulled through a hedge backwards. I started watering horses as she told me her eventful day that had gone from one emergency after another, including "digging out" a champion short hair pointer who dug himself into a hole - but couldn't get out, and was slowly being asphyxiated.

As we both stood looking towards the Sierra Blanca and Nogal Peak Jan suddenly said, "Mike asked me what I would do if I ever won the lottery, and I told him the very first thing I would do is BUY DENISE A HOUSE."

Winning the lottery has more than once crossed my mind as I buy my employer 200+ lottery tickets & scratches a week. You start out by saying, "If ONLY I had 5 or 6 million dollars." Then you realize that you really don't need 5 or 6 million dollars, and you go down to hundreds of thousands, then thousands. Heck, if only I had enough to PAY someone to finish this trailer & barn so I can be in a warm home I'd be tickled pink.

But this morning I looked at the lottery tickets I purchased yesterday for my employer and realized that if I had the money all of these lottery tickets had cost to buy during the past 3 years I'd already be in a home. Perhaps I should send a ransom note to the state of New Mexico lottery board. I am going to hold my boss hostage until they give him a winning ticket!


This morning the 3rd birthday boy was driving his new tractor and trailer around the Ruidoso soccer field as my daughter managed her soccer team. When you are 3 years old life is all good!

Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul