Saturday, January 29, 2011

No Method To This Madness


I should have hidden in the shed all day yesterday and try to sleep this migraine off, but I didn't do that. I staggered around deathly ill all day trying to work and fell asleep in the early evening thankful to be able to close my eyes and get away from the pain.

At 2.30 am I was wide awake. Not as ill, not feeling good, but wide eyed and bushy tailed nonetheless. By 5 am the migraine had returned in full force and I crept back to sleep for an hour trying to stop the inevitable, knowing that I had to be at my daughters by 8 am.

There should be a natural law that forces all human beings to sleep 8 hours - irregardless of health or lack of, and wake up at a decent hour ready for the day ahead. It would make life so much easier than this organized chaos.