Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dog Days...


Today the weather was so like summer it was difficult not to smile. Sunny, in the lower 50's and simply gorgeous.

I had to haul hay in the morning and get the truck ready to go and pick up a rescue miniature Schnauzer named, "Ernie" tomorrow at the El Paso airport. We are praying that Ernie is housebroken and will be the perfect companion for my elderly boss. I'm praying that the Ford350 will make it to El Paso.

My daughter bought a 6 month old miniature Yorkie named, "Lilly" on Tuesday so the little dog has kept us all preoccupied for the past 24 hours. Now she needs a "playpen" so I'll try to find one at a junk store in or around El Paso.

My daughter phoned and said that the payment from Robert Huckins arrived, which was a bit of a shock seeing as it's only the 13th of the month. Wouldn't it be nice if he had decided to uncover the hidden money and send me the $79,000 he owes me so I can return to living like a REAL human being, and not an animal sleeping in a garden shed?

30 degrees at 7 pm is almost like a heat wave, and it's only supposed to get to 25 degrees at the coldest. My time in El Paso tomorrow will almost seem like I am in a "tropical" climate.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams