Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break


With temperatures going into the 70's the weather is fabulous. It simply doesn't get any better than this type of spring, and the Village of Ruidoso is starting to be packed with tourists for the spring break.

After being sick all night with a terrible migraine I managed to meet with my daughter at Wal-Mart to discuss what to do about the truck situation. Tomorrow four of my grand children are heading to family in California for spring break, the fifth will be coming back through Ruidoso on her way home to Missouri. I was so deathly ill when I walked into Wal-Mart I thought I'd never be able to walk out on two feet.

I am simply besides myself with worry at how I can jump start the renovation project on the single wide, and get a roof on the barn. My head is spinning trying to find any route to get into a home. It is so exhausting and nerve wrecking.

While I was in the garden center Robert and Sylvi Huckins came through and bought gardening supplies and an apple tree, and paid with a $100 bill. I don't think they even noticed me stood there until after I had left and gone to get some migraine medication from my daughter's truck.

I've met a lot of people in my lifetime but I doubt that I have ever met two people so lacking conscience, so arrogant in their lawlessness, that it really gets under my skin. They smirk at victims knowing that they... got away with it.

This spring break ... is breaking my heart.


He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow. ~George Eliot