Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Remember Today Before It Fades Away...


Last night, for the very first time since Robert Huckins absconded with our building fund, I slept in a house, a home. That is because I babysat until 4.30 am this morning.

Homes are houses with attitudes. As I sat on the couch I started noticing the windows and doors, looking at the design and construction. It wasn't a big house, but when you are sitting in a 12ft shed almost anything beyond a 12 foot space is enormous. The mere fact that you can see floor, and walk without having to climb over boxes make it luxurious. I suspect that everything becomes relevant when you have been left homeless.

Today has been a fabulous day, the temperature soared to 62 degrees and it was sunny, crystal blue skies and a freshness you can only find in the Rocky Mountain. What a beautiful day it has been.

It was a day when the bitter cold harshness and hardships of winter seemed worlds away.

A day of elk and mule deer lazily taking advantage of sunshine soaked naps.
Earlier in the morning at the Lazy J Jan watched as one of her dogs played tag with 3 young coyotes. Even the wildlife are excited at the thought of spring.

Jan and I sat looking towards the Sierra Blanca and Nogal Peak, as we have done so many times, in awe of the natural beauty around us and the delightful weather.

My boss announced that he has horses coming in this week and I'm fairly worried. I have building supplies, gas heater and electrical appliances for my home stored in the feed room. In the tack room I stored my living room furniture - neither building can be used for saddles and horse feed until I move my things. I have furniture and boxes piled up in the stable..

Oh, the fun of it all...

I wonder if I will ever wake up in my own home ever again, for waking up in someone else's made me terribly homesick. I just want to go home, but home for me sometimes seems like an unobtainable illusion...


I've looked at life from both sides now, From win and lose and still somehow, It's life's illusions I recall. I really don't know life at all. ~ Joni Mitchell