Monday, July 25, 2011

Held Hostage

My youngest daughter left Ruidoso right after noon yesterday, and I was pretty upset to see her go. Her health is so bad that I wanted to protect her, and watching her leave was the hardest thing to do. We all sat at Sonic eating before they got back on the road heading towards Missouri. As we sat there chatting the rains came, not a heavy rain, but another light shower that was so needed and much appreciated. My nerves are so bad I started gagging, and fearing that I couldn't stop I beat a hasty retreat back to the vehicle.

Since then I have been wide awake, tossing, turning.. can't sleep for worrying about what to do about my mother, the property, a home, my daughter, career in a deepening recession and survival is hinged on getting back the stolen money.
I am so sincerely ill, and so exhausted.

I don't think there is anything I have not tried. I have tried to re-finance, tried to sell the land, trade the land, tried to find an affordable trailer, tried to get the electricity sorted out. I tried to find any building we could live in, tried to renovate this single wide and I have tried begging.
Frustrated doesn't even start to describe my emotions. And here we are going back into August.

How anyone could keep doing this to women and not have one iota of conscience befuddles me.

For the past 30 hours I have been so mired down by worry, panic, anxiety and a feeling of absolute sheer terror I don't think I could think straight if my life depended upon it.

There has to be someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back.
I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none violent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers footsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.
Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Please, I beg with everything I have within me, please convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

It is often easier to become outraged by injustice half a world away than by oppression and discrimination half a block from home. ~Carl T. Rowan