Saturday, July 2, 2011

Such Sadness


My boss was diagnosed with diabetes 2 a few days ago and it's been manufactured chaos ever since. Yesterday the rain poured, and it's the most fabulous feeling in the world when dry parched land is soaked. But it's a whole different thing altogether when you sleeping outside without adequate insulation from the damp.

I woke up at 5 am with every joint in my body seized up with the acute arthritis, especially around the the bone tumors, and an accompanying migraine that was almost intolerable. I managed to drag myself out of bed, and realized that the bedclothes were soaked in mud.
The inevitable result of sleeping in a garden shed.

By 8.30 am I had control of the migraine ~ which is a really optimistic way of saying "grin and bear it" ~ but not until noon was my eyesight restored enough to drive. So I went to Lawrence Brothers to purchase groceries for a newly diagnosed "diabetic."

The employees at Lawrence Brothers truly put up with a lot each time I walk through the door for I am always so ill, and it shows. The pharmacist was kind enough to show me where the diabetic foods were, and give professional advice. One of the managers had found the lost credit card, but it was sadly too late for replacements had already been sent.

July 4th week-end has become such a painfully sad week-end for me because it's my mothers birthday. So while everyone else seems to be having fun, my mind is thousands of miles away with a loved one I may never see again, and the house and barn which more often than not seems like the road to nowhere.

I can't even start to explain the pain it entails. You feel like your heart is being ripped out of your chest over and over again.

It didn't rain today in Alto but I am steadfastly praying that the monsoons start in earnest and all of New Mexico gets enough rain to end this drought. And praying that one day in the not too distant future I may be able to sleep in a home and not fear the damp that comes with monsoon rains.
A great place to collect weather data: http://www.senmwx.com/

I don't think that anything has ever reduced me to beg for anything in my life, but I am simply begging Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins to ask your son, brother, cousin to please return the building fund he stole from us. I can't handle much more of this cruelty and I rather suspect that he couldn't either. All I want is the home my mother paid for, but we will have no opportunity to have a home if he doesn't return the stolen money.

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can. ~ John Wesley