Friday, July 1, 2011

Let There Be Light

My oldest daughter phoned this morning to tell me about a double wide trailer for sale on Paradise Canyon. I don't have the money to buy a double wide trailer and I'm still fighting trying to find a way to buy 2 electric poles and get a certified electrician to get the utilities & water turned on. But I promised her that I would go look at it.
The electricity has been a thorn in the side since I purchased this land.

Both Robert and Sylvi Huckins took me to see the property when it was for sale and told me that they could put the house on the hillside, and the barn on the sloped area - which would leave me a 60x20 meter arena on the flat area that I could work in.

That was in October-November 2007. I purchased the land in December 2007 based on the house and barn designs given by Robert and Sylvi Huckins prior to purchase.

In February-March-April-May 2008 sub-contractors started complaining to me .. they needed electricity, and they needed to be paid. They could get neither.

I can't count the times Robert Huckins told me that he had paid Otero County Electric Co-Op to put electricity to the land. It became a vicious circle and I phoned Otero County Electric Co-Op often twice a week trying to find out why it wasn't installed when Huckins told me that he had paid to get it installed.

Yet here we are in July of 2011 and I have no electricity. So today I tried to focus on getting the electricity sorted out. There was so much stress today at work, and I had a migraine that wouldn't go away, I didn't seem to get very far no matter how much I tried to make it a priority.

I'm so ill that I'm not able to handle anymore stress than I already have with the house-land, my youngest daughter's health and my mother and I have to admit that when my boss added to it I came very close to walking away.


At one point I phoned Jan at the Lazy J almost in tears and told her that I am very close to waking out. Silly when I think about it now, but at the time I was becoming over whelmed with the drama of everyone around me while I'm homeless in serious panic.

Jessie Gordiola once asked me why I kept trying to renovate this single wide and finish the barn when I don't have enough money to do so... the answer is so simple, honest and honorable.

I'm homeless. And I desperately need a home and want to see my mother before she dies. That is what all human beings want.

By noon today the skies clouded over and the long awaited rain came. Unfortunately with it came serious lightening which started wildfires, thankfully quickly contained, west of Old Lincoln and Bonito.

The rain was a welcome sight, an answered prayer, and it felt awesome.

Thus far the wildfires that are still burning:

Donaldson Fire: 75,603 acres
Las Conchas Fire: 92,971 acres
Wallow Fire: 538,049 acres. 15,407 acres in New Mexico.
Headstart Fire: 20,000 acres
Little Lewis Fire: 1,400 acres

Since the beginning of the year, up until May, New Mexico reported 455 fires that have scorched more than 666 square miles.

The number of homes destroyed, the number of fire fighters risking their lives .. please Lord, we need more rain.

I again plead to the family members of Robert Huckins to intervene. If that be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. If you would be caring enough to do so, please make your brother, son, cousin return the entire building fund so that I can buy a home. I simply can't go on homeless. All I want is what we have paid for - and I beg for your mercy.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. ~Albert Einstein