Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An Appeal To The Ogilvie-Huckins Family


I didn't even realize that Ruidoso had issued a warning about the smoke moving into this area from the wildfires in adjacent states and counties, so I went into panic when I walked outside around 8.45 pm Monday night and could smell smoke.
The smoke over the Sierra Blanca was fairly dense, and the moon was a gorgeous colored reddish pink.

Being inside a garden shed has the disadvantage of not really knowing what is going on outside the garden shed. You don't have the same visibility without windows. Television news accessibility is sporadic. Sometimes you can get the news, often you can't.

I simply assumed that we had a wildfire to the west of Alto and I went into panic. I suspect I wasn't the only one. Still the weather has been simply fabulous. Warm, sunny with enough breeze to keep these mountains cooler than the flat land around us.

At 6 am Wednesday morning I had been 36 hours without sleep. As the summer is going by, and I find it impossible to renovate the trailer and finish the barn, my stress level is increasing. I am desperate and it's wearing me down.

All I can do is appeal to the Huckins family members I am aware of, Malcolm Huckins, Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins.

What happened to Dorothy McKeever was inexcusable, and not one person would speak up for her. What happened to myself and my family no different.

Your brother, cousin, son, Robert Huckins, walked out of the Wells Fargo Bank on Sudderth Drive with $110,000 DAYS before the White Collar Crime investigators, for the State of New Mexico, demanded that he repay ALL of our building fund back within a 30 day period.

The money disappeared into thin air, even though days later he was recorded in a deposition admitting that he had the money, adding that he didn't need 30 days to repay the money back, he could pay it back in less time. Officer John Barnes of the state police was present during that deposition.

Someone knows where our building fund is. And the people who know where it is are perfectly aware of the damage they are doing.

There was twice as much money collected from numerous victims than the amount of money recorded in this particular withdrawal from the Wells Fargo bank.

And it wasn't spent on contracted jobs, because almost all employees and subcontractors were given hot checks. A number so large in dollar amount and numbers that it was impossible to account for them all.

I can't physically go on being homeless and I want to see my mother. The 12th District Courts described this damage as "grievous." I would call it far more. Abuse above and beyond what any human being should be subjected to, let alone a victim of crime.

I implore you to intervene and make your brother, cousin, son, return ALL of our building fund so that we can have what you all have... a home. We have paid for a home many, many times over both in finances and pain & suffering due to this continued this cruelty.

I will keep asking every single day until the day I die.

The voice of conscience is so delicate that it is easy to stifle it; but it is also so clear that it is impossible to mistake it. ~ Madame de Stael