Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Playground Of The Southwest


Today is one of those picture perfect days. Warm, but not uncomfortably hot, in the lower 80's. A beautiful clear blue sky day... and no wind. It would be simply delightful, a day that exemplifies why we have the title, "Playground Of The Southwest," had I not been up all night trying to stop a terrible migraine from going from bad to worse.

I am so tired of being this ill, this stressed. Exhaustion simply doesn't describe it. You feel as though you don't even have the energy to put one foot in front of the other. Maybe that is because you don't have the energy to put one foot in front of the other. I doubt that anything is more frustrating than being so ill so much of the time.
Yesterday I stopped at TR's store to buy a racing program for my boss, but I couldn't actually get inside the store because I was sat gagging, trying to stop myself from vomiting outside. I drove away thinking that if I drove around and started to breath deep I could get control of it.

On July 4th it's my mothers birthday. I am simply horrified that yet another birthday is approaching for a woman who was born in 1927 ~ and there still isn't a home for a senior citizen who sold her home to obtain one here. Nothing for her to come to, no-way of explaining to her what has happened for fear of putting her into such a stressful situation she, like Dorothy, will have a heart attack.
She purchased this house & barn for her great-grandchildren. It was to be our home, It was their inheritance.

It's compounding my own stress of seeing June arrive, and fleetingly pass, without any progress on the barn and single-wide. This is such an awful mess. My career, our family, our health hinged on getting into a home where my mother can be, and I can work. I am simply terrified that I will never see my mother alive again. That she sold her home for nothing but to line the pockets of a thief. I am terrified of facing another winter sat in a shed that isn't fit for an animal let alone a human.

The Playground of The Southwest certainly is a paradise here on earth.. but I question how this could ever happen in a civilized society where 75% of the population claim Christ and where the Constitution - which derived from the Magna Carta - is so important. And when the temperatures drop below freezing, and no-one can see their mother, grand-mother, great grandmother this paradise becomes hell on earth.

I am again begging the Ogilvie-Huckins family to intervene and help stop this injustice. This sheer madness. If that be Malcolm Huckins, Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins or someone else. I desperately need Robert Huckins, your brother, cousin, son, to return our building fund so that we can have a home and get our lives back.

The person that loses their conscience has nothing left worth keeping.~ Izaak Walton