Monday, June 20, 2011

Cool, Cool Mountains

The temperature drop has been astonishing. I was awake most of the night trying to keep a severe migraine under control. Between suffering from tunnel vision, vomiting and throbbing pain that felt like dynamite going of behind my eyes I didn't think I would ever fall asleep, but around 3 am I did. By 7.30 am I was wide awake, but simply freezing. Every joint in my body hurt so bad I almost managed to cope with the dull pain in my head.

I love cool weather, hot weather intensifies the migraines, but cool weather while sleeping inside a garden shed is more than my body can withstand. Still, the sky has returned to a beautiful crystal blue and once the wind dies it should be fabulous outside.


The Wallow Fire has burned over 500,000 acres of Arizona & New Mexico, but it is one of many ( 1 million acres have burned nationwide in 2011 ) and our fire fighters are now diligently walking property to ensure that another wildfire doesn't break out here. The dry conditions are ripe for a major disaster and we are praying that the rain we see in the forecast for Wednesday will actually bring... rain.

All firefighters, local and hot shot teams, deserve our genuine appreciation. You never know what a treasure they are to our society... until you need them.


While trying to get control of the migraine in the middle of the night the racoons returned to go rummaging through my boxes of possessions. I'm not too sure what is fascinating them - but something is. And it isn't hard to rip boxes apart that have been soaked in flooding water so many times.


The meager $450 MINIMUM payment arrived from Robert Huckins for the month of June. He has to pay me the full $82,000 within a specific amount of time that does not allow payments as low as $450 so how he's going to do it at this rate is anyone's guess. If his behavior remains true to his personality - without outside intervention - he will consider himself untouchable and continue the cat and mouse games. He possesses NO conscience, so I implore his family members. If that be Malcolm Huckins, Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins or someone else: PLEASE help me recover the stolen building fund today... If not I may not have a tomorrow, neither will my family.


Look at the facts of the world. You see a continual and progressive triumph of the right. I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice. Things refuse to be mismanaged long. ~ Theodore Parker