Friday, June 3, 2011

Don't Lose Your Head


Having spent the last 18 hours curled in a fetal position, or staggering around oblivious to my surroundings, trying to get rid of this lousy migraine it dawned on me that I am doing this all wrong. I should be able to give "Migraine Seminars." How to become totally disabled in several easy steps.
Of course, you need the right equipment. Any type of vice should suffice. Most people have the right equipment right in their garage and never realized it. A wall or floor is the perfect training ground for added impact. I would gladly offer my own migraines on "trial offers." Lord only knows I could do with a few days without one.
I woke up this morning almost scared to open my eyes fearing that the sharp disabling pain would return. I am so ill it's beyond words. But the migraine had gone into a dull pain in the back of my head and neck so I grabbed the phone and started to work knowing that I have to get as much done as possible while I have the physical capability.

Videos of a roping/ranch horse that is for sale was e-mailed to me during the night. This computer refuses to play the videos. Try as I may I just can't get them to stop crashing this system. I will have to e-mail them the Print and see if his computer can play them. I wasn't real impressed with the one still photo but the horse may be a competent working horse, and it may be worth the $6,000 asking price.

I phoned Jan and found out that the prospective buyer of the Palomino pleasure gelding didn't have the skills required to handle a young horse, but needed an old school master. Bugger. Horses, horses everywhere but not the right one to spare!

Under normal circumstances I would have brought in the young horses and worked them, but without water, electricity and a roof on my barn.. and without a home.. I'm not able to work as I should. Not able to function as I should. I am terrified of having any hope for help.. the stress is going to kill me.

The weather is simply gorgeous, but WHERE did the rain go to? It poured down for at least 30 seconds yesterday, then stopped as though a faucet had been turned off, and the sun shone bright as ever. By late afternoon it became overcast, cloudy, and it felt like rain was going to start in the evening. But it didn't. Maybe we should all do a rain dance.


I look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. A dream of equality of opportunity, of privilege and property widely distributed; a dream of a land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few; a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.