Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I couldn't sleep last night and found myself tossing, turning and worrying until the wee hours of the morning. By 2.30 am I was so wide awake it may as well have been mid-day. When I finally did fall asleep Gracie started chewing my hair, and had managed to munch on a considerable amount before I woke up and stopped her from scalping me.

Animals are funny, some of my very best friends have had four legs. Rio is so protective of me she really doesn't like having to "share" and my boss is firmly convinced that she deliberately coaxed Gracie to follow her into David's walled yard knowing that she would become disoriented. Once Rio ran home poor Gracie had no idea which direction to go. That got rid of her!
I have no idea if animals are capable of such but I have seen things that were fairly well thought out and way beyond basic instinct.Last night Rio grabbed her favorite place right next to me. Gracie went to the bottom of the bed .. but kept an eye on Rio. As soon as Rio fell asleep she crawled right between Rio and I. I can't imagine doing anything else but working with animals. There are times when they are the only positive in my life.. the only thing worth living for. And at times nothing seems worth living for anymore.

The weather is simply fabulous. In the mid 60's and so pretty. I wish I could handle homelessness a lot better than I do, but even after 3+ years I don't know how. It makes you feel degraded. As though you are unworthy of a home, and ever having a home is nothing but a pie in the sky illusion.
I spent all day today hauling hay. The young man loading up at Lincoln County Mercantile told me a story about his brother, who was hauling horses outside Houston, Texas. He stopped at a restaurant to eat, and seeing as he would be a considerable time he tied his 3 horses to a line so they could graze while he ate and rested.
When he returned to the trailer there was FIVE horses.. not THREE. Someone had "dumped" two horses.

Thus is the economy today. We notice that the Mechum Pizza Hut closed in Ruidoso, but I have no idea of this was a sign of the economic instability.

The real bright spot of the day pertained to the electricity on the land. I think I have found an electrician who can get the utilities working .. it's only taken me from the winter of 2007 to do THAT much on our property. Please Heavenly Father, no more disappointments.

Someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us. I, like those victims who came before me, have been dragged through a living hell and I simply beg for your mercy.

I can't obtain a home until Robert Huckins retu
rns the money he stole from us that was to buy a home, and I can't remain homeless.

Had he given the money back when he promised the white collar crime investigators I wouldn't be making this plea today. Had he never stolen our building fund I wouldn't be making this plea today.

But he pushes the abuse and torment to an extent where no alternatives are offered.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

No women should be abused to this degree. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy and intervention.
Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed. ~ Mia Hamm