Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thick As Pea Soup

I woke up this morning to fog as thick as pea soup, and it was bitter cold. A damp cold that just went right to your bones. It must have taken an hour of trying to find any over the counter medication to ease this excruciating chronic pain before I realized that it was raining. Not a hard rain, just a methodical steady rain.
This was a sight from mid-winter not late summer or autumn and having slept through the night in it I wanted to rip my skeleton out of my body just to ease the agony. I sat down on the bed and all I could do was cry.

Keeping food in this shed isn't possible but I was grateful that I just happened to have a can of soup floating around so I could get something hot to eat before I ventured into the fog, and I easily found my wellingtons (rubber boots) so I could get into the paddock and feed "No-Name."

He looked as disgusted as I felt. A very cold miserable morning, but an hour after he ate his breakfast he was running around full of life. I could tell that he doesn't have Bassel-Hagens, Osteoporosis and a myriad of other health problems compounded by being homeless in the cold damp weather. Had he hurt as I hurt he sure wouldn't have bucking and rearing as he was. I couldn't even walk upright let alone lift my legs.

As I was running around Ruidoso today it dawned on me that everything is relevant. Even the weather. Most people are fairly excited to see such a cool wet day .. the day before the All American Futurity. It was the talk of the town.

But most people step out of a comfortable home and will return to a comfortable home. The lower temperatures and the damp night time hours do not effect them.

When you are homeless the damp and colder nights, those that fall into the 40's and below, chill you to such a degree that even when the daytime temperature go into the upper 50's and lower 60's, you simply can't recover from the night. All day I was silently grimaced in pain. Winter hasn't even arrived yet but the taste I experienced today was not good.

I managed to arrange to get Jan linked back up with an Olympic candidate trainer for the APHA stallion, but I am still struggling trying to find a permanent home for the Norwegian Fjords.

The only thing left for me to do is to plead to the family members of Robert Huckins to intervene. If that be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. If you would be caring enough, and humane enough to do so, please make your brother, son, cousin return the entire building fund he stole from us so that I can buy a home. I simply can't go on homeless. It is already September 2011 and my nerves are in shambles after over 3 years of hell, that should never have been allowed. I am devastated at the loss of my mother, my career, my home and all I want is what we have paid honest money for - and I beg for your mercy.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

No women should be abused to this degree. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy and intervention.

That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.~ William J. H. Boetcker