Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seed On Hard Ground

This has been a very slow day, the weather has been magnificent but the fears and anxiety dogged me. Still I managed to work, and managed to get through the day without a violent migraine, until after 5 pm when migraine attacked me with ferocity - so it's been a far better day than most.

The sound of the motorbikes are decreasing in number, which means that it will soon be safe to get back on the road. Prayerfully next week may be more productive.

My youngest daughter had an operation late yesterday afternoon and that sent me into a frenzy of worry about the progression of the MRSA. I was up very early this morning and phoned her as soon as I thought she would be awake, and though she sounded alright I was still not content that all that could be done is being done with this continual illness that seems to have invaded her body.
But the never ending stress made me start to ask questions I consider very valid.
At what point do women stop being regarded as human beings?
Is it when they stop having the financial means to survive a crime?

I will have to admit that I have never applied for welfare or any program that would help me withstand rough times. Not because I didn't need the help, but because I have always found a way to manage. There again, I have never had an entire home stolen before, especially during a recession/depression.
At what point does a home NOT seem like a necessity for a human being?
Is it when they cannot afford to buy TWO?

At what point is abuse justified?
Is it when there is financial gain? When the victims remain silent and the general public uninformed? When do we keep silent about the incredible hardship, heartbreak and inhumane suffering women have to deal with?
When it's convenient? When it's an embarrassment?
I keep looking at all of the women who were victims of Huckins and the destruction left in the wake and I keep thinking about the scripture found in 1 Corinthians 13:1 :
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. I, like those victims who came before me, have been dragged through a living hell and I simply beg for your mercy. I can't obtain a home until Robert Huckins returns the money he stole from us that was to buy a home. Had he given the money back when he promised the white collar crime investigators I wouldn't be making this plea today. Had he never stolen any money I wouldn't be making this plea today. But he pushes the abuse and torment to an extent where no alternatives are offered. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...

And his freedom.


I have NOTHING but the continual cruel
ty and torment of being homeless.

We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. ~ Victor Frankl