Thursday, September 1, 2011

Time.. The Enemy Of The Homeless

I was so exhausted last night I fell asleep early, but woke up before midnight violently ill. Then I couldn't go back to sleep. When I did eventually fall back to sleep I had nightmares the entire night. The weather is really starting to turn. The nights are becoming damp and chilly.. a strange sense of deja vu, and some serious fears.

September the 1st, and still stuck in a garden shed without any means to get a home. I can't even find the words to truly describe the sheer hopelessness and helplessness I feel.
For 8+ years I have been a member of a Christian forum, and we have watched many members go to be with the Lord. This year one member was diagnosed with cancer and is presently dying. As updates are being given I couldn't help but reflect on the sheer unfairness in life.

She is my age, a very young 57-60 year old who loved life and had a vibrant lifestyle. She has a home, her life wasn't turned upside down and she hadn't found herself floundering around homeless. Given the opportunity she could have spent another 20 or 30 years enjoying life. But she is in a hospital bed, on morphine, dying.

Meanwhile across the nation I am sat in a garden shed in inhumane conditions, so exhausted I rarely know how to think anymore. I don't have a home, my career is in shambles, I can't see my mother and physically my health is literally folding.
If God told me that I had 30 minutes to live I would be simply thrilled to bits that this torment was finally over. I don't want to wake up each morning for I can't face another day. You get to a point where you know, deep in your heart you know, that you are finished. There is no recovery to be had.

Yet four years ago neither one of us knew what was coming our way. How our lives would end. We were bubbly enthusiastic women making plans, with dreams, hopes, desires. Knowing how things have turned out I would trade her places in a heartbeat.


I still have heard not a word from the electrician and though I have spoken to Jan a dozen times since we last brought the topic up I just can't keep asking the same questions over and over again. I am praying that he will phone me very quickly.

I spoke to Becky about the Norwegian Fjords, and double checked with Nancy to make sure that this is her intention.

The weather has been simply gorgeous today. A good 15-20 degree's above the temperature yesterday. Though there was thunder in the late afternoon we had a dry day, a warm day .. a fine end to summer with autumn nipping at our heels, and sheer terror of the upcoming winter in my heart.

The only thing left for me to do is to plead to the family members of Robert Huckins to intervene. If that be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. If you would be caring enough, and humane enough to do so, please make your brother, son, cousin return the entire building fund he stole from us so that I can buy a home. I simply can't go on homeless. It is already September 2011 and my nerves are in shambles after over 3 years of hell, that should never have been allowed. I am devastated at the loss of my mother, my career, my home and all I want is what we have paid honest money for - and I beg for your mercy.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

No women should be abused to this degree. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy and intervention.

You just need to be a flea against injustice. Enough committed fleas biting strategically can make even the biggest dog uncomfortable and transform even the biggest nation. ~Marian Wright Edelman