Thursday, June 17, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble....


There is no place like home..

This week-end we are going to try to start getting organized to put the roof on the barn. I have watched the metal roof sit on the ground for so long I would be shocked to actually see it on a building. Hopefully the rafters will be still available.


Yesterday evening I phoned John with another simply brilliant idea. What about renovating sea containers into a home? A local company has sea containers and I wondered if I could rustle enough money to buy 2 or 3 of them and get to work. Only a woman could come up with so many innovative methods to build a home on zero budget. Perhaps that isn't true because clearly others are far ahead of this desperate desperado.

I considered teaching myself to build a straw home.. but then the vision of the three little pigs of nursery rhythm fame put an end to that prospect.



The photos show finished sea or cargo container homes.

The economy is certainly troubling me. When married couples are losing their homes and having to leave these mountains I fear not being able to hold my o
wn while homeless...
Trying to build when you are paycheck to paycheck is im
possible.


If anyone has any innovative idea's about building under these circumstances all input would be sincerely appreciated.

And speaking of building and construction... I have heard that Mr. Huckins has now been allowed to make custom made cabinets and doors in his shop for prospective clients. Isn't this how the secretary of Shaws Engineering lost her money? Didn't she hire Robert Huckins to build or restore kitchen cabinets and she never saw her money ever again?
How about the neighbor of his who paid him $6,000 to build cabinets for her.. she didn't see the cabinets nor her money again did she?

Wasn't the court order very specific.. he was given 27 years in jail, suspended sentence, on the proviso that he NOT work in the construction industry and he make restitution with EXPEDIENCE.

If the courts continue to accept plea bargains why install conditions that they themselves don't expect to adhere to.

I should be shocked that the conditions of a plea bargain have been broken 90 days after they were signed by a judge, and before a DIME has been returned to me, but I'm not. If the courts had one ounce of common decency they would, at the very least, demand that this convicted felon build me the home he was paid to build - but that would be working in the construction industry wouldn't it?
Silly me!


There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be times when we fail to protest - Elie Weisel