Saturday, June 26, 2010

Faith In Action


I keep promising myself that I would allow God to provide a home, forgive these whom have hurt me, and start afresh repenting of my own distrust that God would provide what was stolen.

John came in from Hobbs and we re-started our search for a modular, mobile home, sea container.. anything that can be renovated and become a "home."

He looked so dejected and frustrated I couldn't help but feel guilty for involving him in my quest. He really has been a rock of stability, but when he admitted that this is getting tiring I wondered if I should not so depend upon his help.

Still we headed for Alamogordo fairly confident that his friend would let me buy an old, dilapidated single wide trailer, that we had viewed the week previous, on payments.. even though the renovation to make it livable would be fairly substantial.
And we still had to face the cost of setting it up, getting the utilities,and getting the barn finished. Yet this was the ONLY guaranteed accommodation we have found in 3 years.

The long time friend wasn't home, so we went looking for him.
Having spoken to mutual friends John returned to the truck and his initial comment was, "You will NEVER believe this!" Well, yes I would. Even before he explained I have come to a point where I have experienced enough to "expect the unexpected."
Sure enough the owner of the trailer is in jail, and probably won't be released for 12 months. And with him went the ONLY guaranteed home I had that I am aware of.

I have no idea what my initial reaction was. I don't even think I was conscious of a reaction until we were miles down the road and found myself praising the Lord for sparing me something that is obviously not His will.

John was still fretting about the deadline, worrying how we could obtain something with zero funds.. but I knew that God has something better in store. I have no idea how, or when, but I am standing on the promise of God that He will provide ALL of my needs.

I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life. I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow creatures happy. ~ Thomas Paine