Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Money Makes The World Go Round

The morning started out with Nancy Canning, another victim of Robert Huckins, contacting me to see if I could find a home for three Norwegian Fjords. I started phoning around at 7.30 am but I know what the answer is going to be. Few people are going to take on more mouths to feed in this economy. Not even the very frugal Norwegian Fjord. My last phone call was to Becky Washburn DVM, and I sent an e-mail to Nancy giving her a rescue phone number, before posting an announcement on Facebook for the Norwegian Fjords.

Trying to clear the flies in this shed has become an exercise in frustration. Last night it escalated from "hundreds" to perhaps a thousand or more. Everything was black, covered in flies. Walls, floors, clothes, bedding. I ended up sweeping up piles of dead flies while breathing toxic fly spray in a confined dark shed. To even think that this is how a woman lives after paying to have a home and barn built, is beyond any comprehension on a humanitarian level.All morning I rushed around trying to get errands done, and arrived back in Alto at noon. Within minutes the sky darkened, the temperature fell, and it rained for hours. Constant rain and dark skies. Water poured through the foundation of the shed and I grabbed the broom tying to keep my belongings safe from the mud and water.
A lull in the downpour gave me the time to start cleaning and oiling tack before going into the paddock to feed. I was amazed when a dozen deer came galloping towards the horse paddock, followed by 10 of the largest buck I have ever seen in this region.
You know the large bucks have arrived when Rio dives into the shed for protection.

Today I am pretty depressed and so easily fall into panic, anxiety and desperation. I can't get a home without our money, and can't keep fighting flies, mold, flood, frigid temperatures and dirty filthy living conditions. I have started to hate waking up each morning. Where is justice here?

The only thing left for me to do is to plead to the family members of Robert Huckins to intervene. If that be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. If you would be caring enough, and humane enough to do so, please make your brother, son, cousin return the entire building fund he stole from us so that I can buy a home. I simply can't go on homeless. It is already going into September 2011 and my nerves are in shambles after over 3 years of hell, that should never have been allowed. I am devastated at the loss of my mother, my career, my home and all I want is what we have paid honest money for - and I beg for your mercy.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

No women should be abused to this degree. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy and intervention.


That only a few, under any circumstances, protest against the injustice of long-established laws and customs, does not disprove the fact of the oppressions, while the satisfaction of the many, if real only proves their apathy and deeper degradation. ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton