Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Isolation Of Homelessness

It was in the lower 20's when I woke by an emergency weather report saying that a bad storm is due to hit us by tomorrow morning. I have to be in El Paso early tomorrow morning and it seems that I may be driving right into the storm. The temperature was frigid inside this shed, when I took Rio and Gracie out there was ice covering the tree's and ground. I can't remember the last time I could wake up in a warm home ~ but I get so homesick.

Rio and Gracie woke up ready to play. My hips and spine had hurt me throughout the night because I was so cold, so I was not in any shape to play with them. A piece of rope became the object they were going to tussle over. It was fun watching them bounce around totally oblivious to the reality that we are homeless. I wish I could be so carefree and ... unaware.This was a fairly hectic day. I had to get to Capitan, then Nogal and be back in Alto early. For no other reason than an intent to beat the impending snow storm. Jan had a new filly foal born this morning so we cooed over her before going to look at my truck. The rear view window was smashed out by a tradesman accidentally, leaving my bed covered in glass. I felt so sorry for this poor chap all I could do was smile, not daring to reveal that I may be sleeping in this truck within days. Thankfully the business insurance will pay for a replacement window. Another thing on my "must do" list while I am in El Paso tomorrow.

Four weeks ago I had my last paycheck until I can generate some income. That is a shocking predicament for everyone, but when you are homeless and don't have anywhere to work from it's simply mortifying. I am getting very scared.




Homelessness is a growing problem, nationwide. People in Myrtle Beach constructed their so-called "tent communities." Some residents said the homeless camps are a nuisance, an eyesore and bad for the tourism industry. Homeless people who live on the camp sites said they have no where else to go.

"Some people that I know just brought me here to the wooded area to try and make it until the weather gets warmer and the jobs come in," said Bill Hicks, a homeless man.

Hicks set up a tent in the woods along Robert Grissom Parkway. He and other homeless resident use the so-called "tent city" as a place to eat, sleep and stay warm. Hicks said when the temperatures drop, local church groups and other organizations offer help. While some people see the tents as another sign of the poor economy, others see it as an eyesore.

“People ask us if we need blankets or water or if there is anything that we need such as shoes and clothing," said Hicks.

Teresa Bishop owns a store near the wooded area where the homeless set up their tents.

"There are homeless people who sit out here and fight and beat the living daylights out of each other," said Bishop, owner of Ms. B's Alterations and Accessories.

Bishop said police calls and problems at the nearby tents hurt the tourism destination image of Myrtle Beach. The city continues to examine ways to address the issue of homelessness. Groups are looking at funding sources and ways to improve current services available to help the homeless. The city hopes to come up with a permanent solution to the temporary housing arrangements the homeless have made.

Street Reach, a local nonprofit that serves the homeless community, plans to expand its services later this year.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2012/feb/15/tent-cities-help-house-myrtle-beach-homeless-ar-3233827/




I am amazed at how quickly a human being can find themselves in this situation, and how invisible we become when we have reached that point.


Most folks around these parts will probably remember the protracted battle to first save the largest homeless encampment in Nashville, then to extend the closing deadline to try and provide services and resources to the 100+ residents living there, some for a decade or more.

Mother Nature did what police, city officials and the business community could not; the historic flood that occurred in May, 2010 put that camp some 20 feet under water, pushing out residents, who entered Red Cross emergency shelters as they waited for the flood waters to recede.

Those who could got out of Nashville, those who couldn't moved to where they believed they had the freedom from persecution and hassle by law enforcement.

Unfortunately, it didn't last, and now they are forced to move again. With each move, they are pushed further outward, into suburbs, away from services, and deeper into isolation.
http://stonesoupstation.blogspot.com
I have not bumped into any of the Ogilvie-Huckins family recently, which may be a blessing. You would never believe that human suffering could be ignored, or that people could go on with their lives happily ignoring the devastation they have caused. I would never have believed it had I not experienced it. I believe it now.

Could anyone explain to me why they won't have mercy upon me? Or why they think they have a right to stolen money?
There has to be someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back. I am begging anyone in this family for help.

I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none vio
lent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers footsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Liam Griffin, I sat in your law office with two witnesses as you gave me your promise, your guarantee, that our money would be returned before harm came to us.

Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins you were present the day I signed contract with your son. You walked out of the kitchen with Sylve Huckins and your son introduced me to you. He told you that I was the British horse trainer he had told you about, the one he was going to build the home and barn for. Why didn't you say something? There may be a rational and reasonable explanation but I have spent over 3 years, homeless, not understanding it. I understand it even less knowing that though I was a total stranger, both Dorothy McKeever and Sally Canning you KNEW, and you knew what your son had done to them and others.

Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, I contacted you and simply asked f
or a reference, not knowing that Robert Huckins was your cousin. Robert Huckins had just stolen over $30,000 from the domestic violence shelter, HEAL, yet everyone was trying to hide it. There was a history of stealing large amounts of money. $65,000 PLUS from Nancy Canning. $89,000 PLUS from Dorothy McKeever, $45,000 from Francis McKinney. The list just goes on and on and on.
Because of Robert Huckins I ended up paying
$140,000 to be homeless.. sat in the cold, emotionally, physically and financially broke. In the middle of a recession, with no way to recover the stolen funds.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.


Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Please, I beg with everything I have within me, pl
ease convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

Relevant pages:

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/shattered-dreams-endless-nightmare.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/paul-harvey-once-reported-if-you-want.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/who-is-robert-millard-huckins.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-where-is-money.html
http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-defense-attorneys-woes.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/20
10/06/pen-is-mightier-than-sword.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/02/morally-bankrupt.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/06/robert-huckins-legal-plea.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/many-faces-of-abuse.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/shadow-women.html http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/price-of-crime.html
http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/12/white-nothing-but-white.html
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals,adjust the action steps. ~ Confucius