Saturday, February 25, 2012

Justice Is A Garment, Love Is A Thread

This started off as a stressful day, knowing that I have to start earning enough money to get everything sorted out - and even after a week advertising in the newspapers no-one is phoning me to say that I have work for the day, or week. So I woke up with my stomach tied in knots and it continued on until I started to become terribly ill.

I ended up going to bed with a violent migraine and staying there the better part of what was a fabulous spring like day. It was such a waste of time when I have so little time to waste and I ended up frustrated beyond words. This has been a day of starting everything and doing nothing and even the dogs seem frustrated.

One of the hardest things in the world is for a homeless person to "pretend" that they are not homeless. You can't get clean enough, or be neat enough to "fit in" to the housed people around you. You can't be organized enough to hold a set schedule, because you may have been awake all night trying to keep warm, or you may be shoveling mud while others sleep. And the stress is literally excruciating. If the cold doesn't kill you ~ the stress and anxiety will.

Homeless Man Found Dead Due To Cold.

Updated: Saturday, 25 Feb 2012, 5:15 PM CST
Published : Saturday, 25 Feb 2012, 5:15 PM CST

Sun-Times Media Wire

Chicago - A homeless man found dead Friday morning in the Kenwood neighborhood died in part from exposure to the cold. John H. King III was found early Friday in the 4700 block of South Lake Shore Drive and was pronounced dead at 6:35 a.m. Friday at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. A Saturday autopsy determined King, 61, died from coronary atherosclerosis and hypothermia because of cold exposure and his death was ruled an accident, according to the medical examiner’s office. Authorities said the man appeared to be homeless. It is the sixth cold-related death of the 2011-2012 winter season. The last cold death was Jan. 27, when 54-year-old Patricia Grady was found unresponsive at her home in the 5300 block of South Rockwell Street.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/homeless-man-found-dead-due-to-cold-2012-02-25

Earlier this morning I made a comment to national homeless advocates that I never realized that any US court, that any US judge, would ever leave us homeless, let alone expect us to support a convicted felon.
It was so bizarre that I never thought it could happen. But it DID happen. So for four years it's been survival at the most basic level. Trying to find a way to undo the damage. While homeless.
This week end was the Justice Conference convention, and because they are involved in all social issues I started to pay attention to whom they are and what they believe.

Without Love… from The Justice Conference on Vimeo.

The Center for Justice and Social Compassion (CJSC) offers consulting services and educational programs designed to meet the needs of those who deal with homelessness issues in their professional or volunteer work. CJSC also addresses the need for wider public education on the issues of homelessness and the need for a broader and deeper consideration of how our laws and public policies affect homeless people and the overall public welfare.

Our goal is to foster understanding and compassion through education, leading toward constructive dialogue and purposeful social action.

CJSC offers a wide range of programs to promote education, training, dialogue and the co-operative endeavors to address issues of homelessness.

CJSC draws upon Christine Schanes’ extensive knowledge and experience of direct service to homeless people through Children Helping Poor and Homeless People (chphp.com) that she and her two young children, Chrissy and Patrick, co-founded in 1987 in Los Angeles, CA.

CJSC and its sister service organization, CHPHP, are departments of the Fellowship of Light, a division of Nos Amis/Our Friends, Inc., Inc., a 501 (C) (3) California nonprofit interfaith corporation.

What is Justice? from The Justice Conference on Vimeo.


What Does CJSC Offer?

Consulting services, workshops, seminars, training, conferences, service learning, round-table discussions, community service projects, talks, lectures, presentations, school curricula – all designed to meet the needs of the participants.

Who Can Participate?

Social workers, charity volunteers, public policy makers, government officials, members of the legal community, law enforcement officers, members of the business community, civic and religious groups, teachers and students of all ages and anyone interested in addressing the issues of homelessness.

http://cjschomelesslaw.org/

I wish I had the type of business mind that could turn everything around. I wish I could win the lottery and resolve a lot of homeless problems. I wish I was a 24 yr old instead of almost 60 years old. I wish I was in a career field that wasn't being thrashed by the economic instability. I wish I'd never hired Robert Huckins. I wish I knew the answer. The only thing I know is that today was a wash out and I am so depressed that I couldn't get hold of the migraine before it disabled me. If wishes were horses beggars would ride..There has to be someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back. I am begging anyone in this family for help.


I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none vio
lent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers footsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Liam Griffin, I sat in your law office with two witnesses as you gave me your promise, your guarantee, that our money would be returned before harm came to us.

Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins you were present the day I signed contract with your son. You walked out of the kitchen with Sylve Huckins and your son introduced me to you. He told you that I was the British horse trainer he had told you about, the one he was going to build the home and barn for. Why didn't you say something? There may be a rational and reasonable explanation but I have spent over 3 years, homeless, not understanding it. I understand it even less knowing that though I was a total stranger, both Dorothy McKeever and Sally Canning you KNEW, and you knew what your son had done to them and others.

Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, I contacted you and simply asked f
or a reference, not knowing that Robert Huckins was your cousin. Robert Huckins had just stolen over $30,000 from the domestic violence shelter, HEAL, yet everyone was trying to hide it. There was a history of stealing large amounts of money. $65,000 PLUS from Nancy Canning. $89,000 PLUS from Dorothy McKeever, $45,000 from Francis McKinney. The list just goes on and on and on.
Because of Robert Huckins I ended up paying
$140,000 to be homeless.. sat in the cold, emotionally, physically and financially broke. In the middle of a recession, with no way to recover the stolen funds.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.


Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Please, I beg with everything I have within me, pl
ease convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

Relevant pages:

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/shattered-dreams-endless-nightmare.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/
06/paul-harvey-once-reported-if-you-want.html

http://robert
huckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/who-is-robert-millard-huckins.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-where-is-money.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-defense-attorneys-woes.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/20
10/06/pen-is-mightier-than-sword.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com
/2011/02/morally-bankrupt.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2
011/06/robert-huckins-legal-plea.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/
07/many-faces-of-abuse.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011
/07/shadow-women.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/price-of-crime.html


http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/12/w
hite-nothing-but-white.htmlThe vulnerable neighbor needs to be on the screen of our theological, political, and economic practice.~ Walter Brueggemann