Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar

Falling to sleep early yesterday evening didn't stop the migraine from hanging around all night waiting for me to wake up at 3.45am this morning. I woke up in so much pain I wanted to beat my head up against a wall, but I don't even think I have the energy to do that much physical activity.

There is always this strong desire to "do" things, to have unlimited energy, enthusiasm, motivation. And nothing can be more motivating in trying to get a home put together than being left homeless. But the constant migraines leave you so incapacitated that it's added frustration in a situation that is already an exercise in frustration.

Despite being a gorgeous 65 degree's I couldn't shake this migraine, and it grew steadily worse until I could do no other than stop work around 10.30 am this morning and crawl back to this shed to try and sleep it off.
My cup runneth over.



Yesterday I bumped into Don Spencer, whom I obtained the metal roof from 2 years ago. He has more used metal I wanted to buy to go over the single wide trailer, but when I arranged to go and pick it up and buy it last autumn with John Boyd, John never arrived. Without a trailer or help it was impossible for me to pick it up.

Yesterday Don said that with spring just around the corner perhaps I could get something done this year. Lord, I beg for that to happen.

While Europe's eye is fix'd on mighty things, The fate of empires and the fall of kings; While quacks of State must each produce his plan, And even children lisp the Rights of Man; Amid this mighty fuss just let me mention, The Rights of Woman merit some attention. ~ Robert Burns