Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cold Feet And Fear

Last night I must have fallen to sleep around 11 pm, but was wide awake by 1 am hurting, so terribly damp and cold. From my lungs to my limbs I was in so much pain. Emotionally I was simply distraught, with tears flowing. It was one of those feelings where you are sinking below the waves and despite being surrounded by people, they don't see you or hear you.

Before I could go back to bed the bear arrived.

3 years ago, during the frenzy of having our building fund stolen, I had a close encounter with a black bear. Well, had I been awake I may have considered it a close encounter. There is a tiny window with smoked glass above my bed. It's the right size for the cats to go in and out, but nothing larger. However, one night a black bear decided to try and enter the shed through this small privacy window. The dogs raised chaos but, while still asleep, I kept telling them to lay down, and being obedient creatures they did as commanded. I slept through the whole fiasco and didn't realize what had happened until I woke up and saw bear claw marks on the wooden sill.It's been a standing joke about those claw marks left inside the shed, and the hind feet claw marks on the exterior of the shed, as he tried to hoist himself up and squeeze through the window. People asked how I knew he was a he? Well, a female would have figured out that the door was wide open 20 feet away from the small privacy window.
*Sigh*

On Sunday night my boss said that the bear was back, and as he wondered to the shed door Rio chased him out. I slept through it again. Last night I didn't miss the arrival of the bear. I was already awake and in pain when the dogs started creating havoc, and the horse started snorting and acting nervous.
This one may have been a female for it came right into one section of the shed and ignored the small privacy window. Or perhaps the male had learned a valuable lesson. Either way the bear didn't stay long, and did no damage.

This has been a very busy day. I cleaned all the carpets in my bosses house with the exception of the pool (billiards) room. That I will finish tomorrow morning.

By 4 pm the thunder and rain arrived, not a heavy rain, but enough to add to the yearly rainfall. Everything is starting to look green. Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, and I am truly trying to retain a semblance of hope.. but I am scared.There has to be someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back.
I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none violent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers f
ootsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins you were present the day I signed contract with your son. You walked out of the kitchen with Sylvi Huckins and your son introduced me to you. He told you that I was the British horse trainer he had told you about, the one he was going to build the home and barn for. Why didn't you say something? There may be a rational and reasonable explanation but I have spent over 3 years, homeless, not understanding it. I understand it even less knowing that though I was a total stranger, both Dorothy McKeever and Sally Canning you KNEW.

Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, I contacted you and simply asked for a reference, not knowing that Robert Huckins was your cousin. Robert Huckins had just stolen over $30,000 from the domestic violence shelter, HEAL, yet everyone was trying to hide it. There was a history of stealing large amounts of money. $65,000 PLUS from Nancy Canning. $89,000 PLUS from Dorothy McKeever. The list just goes on and on and on.

Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

Please, I beg with everything I have within me, please convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

The possibility of bringing white-collar criminals to justice is ever receding over the horizon. ~ Sara Paretsky