Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When Power Is Poison

Today was a long day but not an unproductive day simply by virtue of not being ill, yet I really had to fight depression and panic all day. Two weeks ago I got a speeding ticket while going to Capitan. I was doing 7 miles over the speed limit but I did slow down when I spotted the police car.

The police officer was wonderful. He asked if I would like to contest the ticket and I simply laughed and said, "no, I don't argue with radar guns. I have to plead guilty." So this morning I went to the city hall in Capitan to pay the fine. I believe that this is the fourth ticket I have had in 40 years of driving.

My youngest daughter had further complications with the MRSA and is heading back into the hospital tomorrow. This is getting so worrisome and I always feel so helpless.



When I first became involved in the judicial system I couldn't miss the power that Robert Huckins was wielding. He could have returned the money he stole, knowing that without it I would face permanent homelessness and never see my mother again. He and Sylve also knew that it would shatter my family, and wreck my career .. and I would never be able to finance a rental.

Directly before his arrest for stealing my money my oldest daughter and I tried to "persuade" him and Sylve to return the stolen building fund. The actual term is "begging." Sylve Huckins was the first to refuse to give the money back, and Robert Huckins then refused to give the money back.
I looked them right in the face and said, "Oh surely can't be going to leave us permanent homeless."
His response? "I don't CARE what happens to you. I only care what happens to us."

I have thought about that statement a lot today. Today he STILL has control of our lives. I can't get a home because they refuse to give the money they stole back. It's a malicious cruel game, but it's one I have no idea how to stop.
Justice isn't being left homeless and unable to finance a home because a convicted felon wants to taunt and be cruel. That behavior is abuse.

Trying to prevent myself from getting so churned up about the fear of being homeless through yet another winter I tried to keep my mind OFF the single wide and barn today, and the stolen building fund, but I broke down and asked Jan is she had heard from the electrician. She hadn't, so I am no further forward knowing what I need to do to get utilities to the land. This is really too much.

But at least the weather was cool and a slow rain fell most of the afternoon with thunder all evening. Perhaps tomorrow will bring a miracle. I so need a miracle, not only for myself but my youngest daughter too.

I can only appeal again to the Ogilvie-Huckins family. If that person is Malcolm Huckins, Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) Your brother, son, cousin stole our building fund and having tried every method to get a home without it we simply can't do the impossible. My mother sold her ONLY home to buy one here. Not a second home, or a spare rental. The only home she has had, that took 60+ years of working full time to obtain. Please help us retrieve our building fund so that we, too, can have a home before winter arrives, and have our lives returned to us. We have put up with more pain and suffering than any women should be forced to withstand - and we are not the only women to go through living hell because of Robert Huckins. PLEASE help me help myself. I have never begged before in my life, but after 3 years of trying to get a home it's become clearly obvious to everyone that we won't ever have a home - unless our building fund is returned.

Nothing is so hard for those who abound in riches as to conceive how others can be in want.~ Jonathan Swift