Friday, August 19, 2011

The End Is Near

Of the race season that is.
This week-end is always busy, with the horse sales on-going, and horses being shipped from Ruidoso Downs to the racetracks in other parts of the state and Texas.
I phoned Jan while she was sat at the QH sales, auctioning a high dollar filly.My boss purchased a 17 hands 4 year old, but as he told me that he had a horse I'd love to handle my heart literally sunk into the ground. 3 -4 years ago I would have loved to get the horse, today my life is in ruins and I don't have a place to put a rocking horse let alone a performance prospect. Today I am a homeless goffer trying to do the impossible.
The weather was really nice all day. The sunshine came out, then it rained. The sunshine came out again, then it rained. But the cooler damp weather is really affecting me. Winter really isn't far away. All day I had a migraine pounding away and several times I wanted to scream the pain was so bad, but somehow it remained under control even though it wouldn't go away.

"No Name" is looking fabulous despite his lousy conformation. His ribs are no longer showing, and his coat is clearing up. To watch a horse start to looking exceptionally healthy after suffering from malnutrition feels so good. And he's such a hip-pocket boy. He follows me around like a puppy dog, always so well mannered and personable. It's such a shame that wherever we look we see hungry horses and abandoned animals.

I ran to the bank before starting trying to get the shed cleaned up again. The mud is extensive and I doubt the boxes can be saved. But I am so scared of spending days unpacking and repacking again, because it's bound to rain more.
A bright spot on the horizon - maybe - is than an electrician is going to meet me in a week and give me an estimate of how much it will cost to get electricity onto our land. If I can get electricity working on that property it will be a miracle that has taken almost 4 years to attain. One day at a time, sweet Jesus.


Someone asked me why I include news stories on the blog. When you have been victimized to this degree you start to see the world a lot different. I have always been an activist for human rights, it's simply my nature to care about the downtrodden. For most human beings we see natural disasters and tragedies. Like the wildfires, tornadoes, floods.. even house fires. We may donate to help people. But then life sweeps us away and we "assume" that people can get back what was lost.

True, some home owners have insurance, and some have the financial means to recover. But some do not. For some they have just entered a long term homelessness struggling against the odds. We no longer see them in the news. The media moves on. But the tragedy continues out of our sight.
Today there are still people who lost their homes in Katrina, who are STILL homeless. But to deliberately set out to make people homeless takes a special kind of darkness, inhumanity and is thoroughly despicable.



Someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us. I, like those victims who came before me, have been dragged through a living hell and I simply beg for your mercy.

I can't obtain a home until Robert Huckins retu
rns the money he stole from us that was to buy a home, and I can't remain homeless.

Had he given the money back when he promised the white collar crime investigators I wouldn't be making this plea today. Had he never stolen our building fund I wouldn't be making this plea today.

But he pushes the abuse and torment to an extent where no alternatives are offered.
Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.
No women should be abused to this degree. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy and intervention.Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our powers.~ Henri-Frederic Amiel