Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I woke up this morning to the second generation of flies. Offspring of the original squatters that inundated this shed yesterday. Rio was just laid on the muddy bed looking at the flies thoroughly whipped. After several phone calls to the Arbico company I realized that I can't get none toxic fly deterrent until tomorrow.. so I went to town to become armed with cans of fly spray.
This is now a war.

As I started to drive out the horse shoer was driving in. I was hoping that we could put off the shoeing until the horse had acquired enough body weight to hold a saddle and rider without the spinal column and surrounding muscle tissue being rubbed raw for lack of flesh.. but it is what it is. Perhaps it will be too wet and muddy to ride for a few days.

He's already starting to flesh out a little. And that timid withdrawn persona who wanted humans to keep a distance has been replaced by a hip-pocket reaction to human presence. Instead of fleeing.. he now follows wondering what goodies may be coming his way. Clearly this horse believes that a grooming brush and fly spray are fine enough goodies for him.

By 1.30 am the rain started in earnest, but it didn't last longer than an hour. Just long enough for several hundred more flies to find their way from the horse paddock into the shed, and add a bit more flooding. Then it started up again around 4.30 pm.
Be careful what you wish for...I spend the afternoon trying to drag muddy wet clothes to the basement to get them washed.. for no other reason than I would like at least 10 minutes on clean sheets before I lose my ever loving mind.
I am reminded every step of the way that THIS is what I spent $140,000 to acquire. A shed under water, full of mold. No heat, no creature comforts, my health failing at a rapid rate and I am blessed to have this. Without it I would truly experience the "American Dream" on the streets. No woman should be left homeless by a convicted felon. This is no way to live.Tonight I am going to fight flies. Joy oh, joy.

Someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins. I, like those victims who came before me, have been dragged through a living hell and I simply beg for your mercy. I can't obtain a home until Robert Huckins returns the money he stole from us that was to buy a home. Had he given the money back when he promised the white collar crime investigators I wouldn't be making this plea today. Had he never stolen any money I wouldn't be making this plea today. But he pushes the abuse and torment to an extent where no alternatives are offered. I am homeless and I want to see my mum and return to my career, so I won't stop asking if I have to ask every single day until I die. Robert Huckins gave no-one an alternative, so I plead with sincerity for your mercy.

The sad duty of politics is to establish justice in a sinful world.~ Jimmy Carter