Friday, August 12, 2011

How Long Will This Go On?

Today turned into fabulous morning. The weather was gorgeous, and I felt well enough to put some elbow grease into some chores I should have done quite a while ago. But the stress over the barn and single wide continues ...
If I could just find an electrician perhaps I could afford to get the electricity turned on before winter arrives in earnest. But actually having a home before the weather turns, bar a miracle, is looking slimmer and slimmer.
I don't want to be outside for another winter. I just can't physically or emotionally handle anymore.

I was pretty sad to hear that Joe Dunlap had died. Years ago I bred one of his mares to my senior stallion, and he kept that foal for many, many years. His death motivated my boss and I to have a lengthy conversation about how quickly time goes by, and how soon life is over.
Life is too short. Too short for the misery caused by this nonsense.

Joe K. Dunlap ( October 1st, 1933-August 10th, 2011)
Joe K. Dunlap passed away Aug. 10th. 2011 at Lubbock, TX. He was a
resident of Glencoe, NM where he resided with his wife Merle Ashcraft
Dunlap.

He was proceeded in death by his Father, R.K. Dunlap, his first wife, Carol,
daughter Lori Odom, and son Larry.

Joe served his country in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. He was
an officer with the Albuquerque Police dept. prior to joining the NM Dept.
of Game and Fish where he was stationed in Espa?ola, Truth or Consequences,
and Roswell, NM. While in TorC, as a Conservation Officer with the Game
Dept., Joe's area covered all of Sierra Co. West to the Continental Divide,
East to the White Sands Missile Range, North to the San Mateo Mts., and South
to Do?a Ana Co. Including both lakes.

Joe also served as a deputy sheriff with the Chaves Co. Sheriff's Office before
becoming a full-time artist which he practiced the rest of his life. He was featured
in several one-man shows and his art has hung in several prominent galleries.
Joe studied with the late John Meigs and was a close associate of the late Peter
and Henriette Wyeth Hurd and Peter and Carol Rogers of San Patricio, NM

Joe is survived by his wife Merle Ashcraft Dunlap, Mother Mildred Dunlap,
Sisters Jacqueline Calkins and Marian Thornton, Brothers John, Robert, and Royce"Lucky" Dunlap, two children, son Bill of the Ruidoso Downs PD, and
daughter Traci of Deming, NM, several Grandchildren and Great Grand
Children, along with many cousins, nieces and nephews.

Joe was well liked and respected by many residents throughout the state and
will be missed by all for his stories, his art and his love of horses.

Graveside services will be conducted at the family cemetery at his home in
Glencoe, NM Saturday, Aug. 13th, 2011 at 10:00a.m.



After noon the sky started to darken, and lightening strikes lit up the sky. It wasn't long before the rain started coming down like cats and dogs, flooding everything in it's path. There was so much water & mud going through this shed all I could do was start crying as I watched all the boxes of my belongings get soaked - again. Then the flies converged on the shed looking for a dry place to do whatever flies do. I thought I was going to lose my mind.

At TR's store Denise asked me if I had managed to get my building fund back. It's so rare that anyone even remembers that I am homeless that her inquiry was seriously appreciated.
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever find anyone who cares. Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Michael Huckins, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) Anyone who may know where our building fund is hidden, or anyone who may help retrieve it. I am praying that one of you can speak to your cousin, brother, son and appeal to him to return the building fund he stole from us.
While it was 24 degrees below zero outside you were all in warm homes. I was outside with no heat.
While your lives have gone on uninterrupted.

While your lives have gone on as normal, my family, my career, our lives have been irreparably shattered.
I have not been able to see my mother since she came to Ruidoso to buy a home in 2007.
Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

We have tried every means to go on without the stolen money. But we can't obtain a home and restore our family unless it is returned. I implore, I beg as I have never begged before, I am begging for mercy. Please get Robert Huckins to return what wasn't his to steal. What was our legal property. What we desperately needed to put a roof over our heads. To have a home. No-one should be so cruel and callous to steal someone's home and leave women homeless and desperate.
My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities.~Albert Einstein