Monday, August 22, 2011

Missing Front Porch

After a really horrid night I finally got rid of a serious migraine before 10 pm this morning. It poured down last night and the more it rained the more mud and water flowed into the shed. In the dark I was unable to do anything to lessen the damage to my property and belongings, yet the smell of mold and damp made it very difficult to fall to sleep.

I went to the Lazy J early fearing that the migraine would return. The nausea refused to leave and I was having a difficult time just trying to stop myself from being sick. Still, I stayed long enough for Jan and I to discuss the state of the economy, the horse industry and my attempts to get into a home.

The single wide is almost wiped out having been left with not enough repairs to prevent further damage in the past year. But it cost me well over $2,000 to get it in, and have no idea how much it will cost to get it out. I asked Jan to speak with the electrician and ask him if I could hire him to install the electricity - and after that I can try to come up with the funds to start on the barn, but what to do about a home is simply beyond me.
Jan kept saying that if I didn't have the stress of being homeless I wouldn't be this ill, and she is right. Trying to build without money, without credit, and no means to finance is more than I can handle. But that doesn't change anything. If I can get the electricity installed and the well working in the next 4 weeks maybe I will feel a bit more optimistic, but right now I am fighting the worst depression.

My boss was told that there is a Palomino roping horse for sale locally. I checked the phone directory but couldn't find anyone listed under the name he had associated with the horse. Then I phoned the feed stores to see if he was a regular client whom they knew. I then did a web search, and came up with nothing. So, I drove to the area the owner resides looking for the horse. An hour later I had seen neither hide nor hair of a horse, or even a horse trailer. The rain just poured.

The invisible palomino roping horse was as elusive as my invisible home.

I returned to the shed and was met with fresh mud and more flies than any human being could imagine. If Alfred Hitchcock was alive today it wouldn't be inconceivable to re-write the script of "The Birds" and resurrect it as "The Flies."

By that time I was so seriously ill I could barely walk. I so desperately want "normal".. a home, a front porch, my career, my family... and winter is so close you can almost feel it. Even as I drove back up to Ruidoso from Nogal a heavy mist almost covered the mountain.Sometimes I wonder if I will ever find anyone who cares. Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, Michael Huckins, Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) Anyone who may know where our building fund is hidden, or anyone who may help retrieve it. I am praying that one of you can speak to your cousin, brother, son and appeal to him to return the building fund he stole from us.
While it was 24 degrees below zero outside you were all in warm homes. I was outside with no heat.
While your lives have gone on uninterrupted.

While your lives have gone on as normal, my family, my career, our lives have been irreparably shattered.
I have not been able to see my mother since she came to Ruidoso to buy a home in 2007.
Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.

We have tried every means to go on without the stolen money. But we can't obtain a home and restore our family unless it is returned. I implore, I beg as I have never begged before, I am begging for mercy. Please get Robert Huckins to return what wasn't his to steal. What was our legal property. What we desperately needed to put a roof over our heads. To have a home. No-one should be so cruel and callous to steal someone's home and leave women homeless and desperate.

Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson