Thursday, March 22, 2012

Where You Live Shouldn't Determine Whether You live.

I started cleaning condo's today, not a fantastic income, but it's work that I need. I got up at 5.45 am trying to see to the dogs before having to be at work at 9 am. Rio came with me, Katie and Gracie stayed in the shed and by the howls as I drove away they were none too pleased about being abandoned. I arrived 30 minutes early, only to find out that I couldn't get paid without my SS card. I washed mine in the washing machine many years ago. Time to replace it.


Trying to professionally clean with two broken fingers was interesting to say the least. I managed to clean one condo before I had to stop. The day was gorgeous, well into the upper 60's, lower 70', with gloriously beautiful sunshine and crystal clear blue skies, as I drove back to the shed with tears running down my face in pain.
After running errands for my ex-boss, and emptyng the truck load of boxes out of my truck, I spent the evening talking to friends who are looking for me a home, anything I can lease or rent. Anything I can afford.

In the richest country in the world, in a country which prides itself in democratic process, and rights, .... why are victims be expected to support a career criminal without a blush of embarrassment or flinch of conscience? Where you live shouldn't determine whether you live.

Staying Healthy While Homeless Is Easier Said Than Done

By Carey Fuller

Recently I had a cancer scare. For three months I couldn't explain the pain on my lower right side. Due to a family history with cancer, my doctor scheduled me for several tests which thankfully turned out negative for cancer but showed that I had ovarian cysts. Again because of family history, the doc wants to check again in six to eight weeks to monitor them. I was given a list of things to do to take care of symptoms like water retention including "lying in bed with my feet above heart level," something hard to do while living out of your vehicle. Add to this not being able to afford picking up a prescription and you have the recipe for a downward spiral while you're already down.

Then there's the homeless youth I've taken to the emergency rooms of local hospitals. One of the biggest stings they get is "go home and rest" after being diagnosed with strep throat since they live in tents in nearby woods during all kinds of weather. I watched a 15-year-old girl vomit uncontrollably outside a public library because she had a bad case of the flu and nowhere to go to recover. Maggie and I gave her fluids and anything else we could think of to help her feel better and that's how Maggie contracted a super flu virus that destroyed the good bacteria in her digestive system. When I took Maggie to see our doctor, he told us it would take six to eight weeks for her digestive system to fully recover and dairy products were going to be the hardest to digest so no dairy during her recovery time. During that time, Maggie could not stop regular vomiting or diarrhea but we got lucky. Thanks to donations during the holidays, we were able to find an inexpensive motel to stay at for a few weeks. What would it have been like if we hadn't?

If that isn't enough, I run into cancer patients out here that live in swamps, under bridges or in any woods they find in unincorporated areas of town. I recently met a man named Billy who has colon cancer, who told me what he's been going through as he is newly homeless. He told me he was shocked that he couldn't get into any of the shelters he called because they told him they have waiting lists but to keep calling back to let them know he needed help. Then he went through the VA to see if he could qualify for help and was recently turned down for housing due to lack of funding through an org called COMPASS. This didn't sound right to me so I called every vets group I could find and finally got in touch with a caseworker in Seattle. I forwarded this worker's phone number on to Billy and hope he called them. I almost didn't recognize Billy when I ran into him again, as he had lost so much weight that his face is thinner and more gaunt-looking. A friend of mine and I keep talking to Billy because he is losing all his hope and has repeatedly said he feels things would be better if he just committed suicide.

Being in a shelter also puts you at risk for getting sick more often. A homeless woman I befriended told me that every time she's been able to get into an emergency cold weather shelter, she always catches whatever is going around because there's no way to escape being exposed when put into a room with a bunch of other people who happen to be sick. Seems to me that the reason she's prone to viruses is because her body is already worn down from trying to stay warm while sleeping outside and constantly moving from one place to another and at her age, the longer she stays out here, the worse she'll get.

The only way I could express my feelings about watching her and other older folks struggling out here was to write a poem about it.

As she smiles

She took a table near a window
Hidden in a corner while sipping
A dollar coffee while waiting
For the rain to stop

Worldly possessions tucked
Into two plastic shopping bags
Sit near her feet
Resting

She stands to adjust her coat
Tucking one of many shirts
Back into place
It's cold and helps keep out
The wind

Silver tresses on her head
She slipped into a knot just before putting on her hat
It's time to go

Maybe tonight there's a chance
At the local shelter
The lines on her face move
As she smiles

She's too old to be out here
With nowhere else to go but
She hoists a bag onto her back
Nodding as she waved

And as she faded into the dark
I cried
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carey-fuller/homeless-mothers_b_1367706.html?ref=tw
There has to be someone related to Robert & Sylve Huckins must have some means to reach them, if it be Michael Huckins, Dr.Kenneth Ogilvie ( Diana Huckins? Dominic Huckins? Malcolm Huckins? ) or Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins and get them to return ALL of the money they stole from us so that I can buy a home and get our lives back. I am begging anyone in this family for help.

I don't believe I have EVER witnessed any none vio
lent crime that can be as devastating as stealing someone's home. I am walking in Dorothy McKeevers footsteps, day by day, month by month, year by year.

Liam Griffin, I sat in your law office with two witnesses as you gave me your promise, your guarantee, that our money would be returned before harm came to us.

Patricia Ogilvie-Huckins you were present the day I signed contract with your son. You walked out of the kitchen with Sylve Huckins and your son introduced me to you. He told you that I was the British horse trainer he had told you about, the one he was going to build the home and barn for. Why didn't you say something? There may be a rational and reasonable explanation but I have spent over 3 years, homeless, not understanding it. I understand it even less knowing that though I was a total stranger, both Dorothy McKeever and Sally Canning you KNEW, and you knew what your son had done to them and others.

Dr. Kenneth Ogilvie, I contacted you and simply a
sked for a reference, not knowing that Robert Huckins was your cousin. Robert Huckins had just stolen over $30,000 from the domestic violence shelter, HEAL, yet everyone was trying to hide it. There was a history of stealing large amounts of money. $65,000 PLUS from Nancy Canning. $89,000 PLUS from Dorothy McKeever, $45,000 from Francis McKinney. The list just goes on and on and on.
Because of Robert Huckins I ended up paying
$140,000 to be homeless.. sat in the cold, emotionally, physically and financially broke. In the middle of a recession, with no way to recover the stolen funds.

Today Robert Huckins has his own home...
He also has OUR home.....
He also has a lot of people's money...
And his freedom.


Women are not banks or loan institutions. Women should not be the source of a retirement fund for people who don't want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Holding women hostage while playing with the judicial system, a horrendous game of cat and mouse extending YEARS, with the victims whose very homes, families and stability are in jeopardy is cruelty, as cruel as a physical beating. It is financial and emotional RAPE. Homelessness is not justice. It is a slow, painful death.
Please, I beg with everything I have within me, pl
ease convince Robert Huckins to stop this torture and return the building fund he stole from us so we too, can have a home.

Relevant pages:

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/shattered-dreams-endless-nightmare.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/
06/paul-harvey-once-reported-if-you-want.html

http://robert
huckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/who-is-robert-millard-huckins.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-where-is-money.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-defense-attorneys-woes.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/20
10/06/pen-is-mightier-than-sword.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com
/2011/02/morally-bankrupt.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2
011/06/robert-huckins-legal-plea.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/
07/many-faces-of-abuse.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011
/07/shadow-women.html

http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/07/price-of-crime.html


http://roberthuckinsvictim.blogspot.com/2011/12/w
hite-nothing-but-white.html