Sunday, November 21, 2010

High Winds, Low Spirits...

I have not heard from John and he hasn't returned my phone messages. This is getting awfully tiring. The weather is not suitable to weld anything today.. the gusts of wind only show 5-10 mph gusts but it's getting worse as each hour passes, but we have so much material we could use other than welding.

Severe storm warnings, including from 1ft to 4ft snow was forecast yesterday, but I hope that remains in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado.

Yesterday I finished painting the tack boxes well before the wind started up. I still have the bottoms to paint but the exterior and interior are finished. At the dumpster I found an awesome little old oak chest of drawers that will be great for the breezeway in the barn. Seeing it's already painted with enamel paint it won't take long to re-paint it to match it up with the two tack boxes and I will have 3 drawers in which to keep leg bandages, leg wraps, over-reach boots and clippers etc.
I thought it was a treasure of a find.

My oldest daughter and I sat talking about the e-mail sent through the Methodist Church early this morning. She told me not to let it keep upsetting me so, but it does. Then we discussed the lies people tell and if not so damaging how ludicrous it all would be.

We managed to laugh about the idiocy, and question why it's always easier for people to lie than ask, straight out, what the facts are. What an awful world we live in.

Two of my children are involved in emergency services, one is a school teacher. These are the very people society depends upon to save lives and guide the next generation. When a home sets on fire, or when a wildfire threatens the community, when someone has a heart attack or is involved in a nasty accident it's highly likely that the victims will meet one if not two of my children.

I'm extremely proud of them. They have all the qualities we need in human beings to make them humane, caring, compassionate, honest and honorable. They are an asset to their community. Yet when I read that e-mail to my oldest daughter her mouth dropped open with disbelief. Perhaps I should be able to see the humor in it.. today I said that it's certainly easier to lie than help. If you lie enough you can justify not helping.

But here I am 9 months later and the words said in that e-mail, totally fabricated deception, still cut deep into my heart, still hurt me just as much as the day I read them, and still keep me awake at night fretting.When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, always.~Mohandas K. Gandhi