Friday, November 12, 2010

Merle Haggard Move Over Darlin'


If it's too cold to sleep at night I feel as though I should start writing country and western songs. I could probably re-write many Merle Haggard favorites just for the Huckin family..

*
I'm walking the floor because of you,
can't sleep a wink it is true..
I'm freezing while you are in a home,
but I'm not freezing all alone,
Rio and I are walking the floor over you..

( Yes, I know that it's an Ernest Tubb song, but I'm the right age to remember the Merle Haggard version. )

*
Silver wings
Shining in the sunlight
Roaring engines
Headed somewhere in flight
It's taking my money away
And leaving me homeless
Silver wings
Slowly fading out of sight

*
I used to laugh a lot
I never cried
But things are all different now
Since you made my home go bye
Seems I've lost the way to find
All the good times I found before
Yeah, I used to laugh a lot
Things aren't funny anymore

I am so glad that God blessed me with a sense of humor. I certainly need it.

By mid-day the sky was so crystal blue, so sunny that you couldn't help but be drawn to the outside. Yet once outside the cold seeped through your skin right to the bones. I phoned John to see if he intended to do any work on the trailer this week-end, but couldn't get a response.

I'd welcome a long distance drive right now just to be able to stay warm inside a moving vehicle, but the oil dripping out of my truck is worrying me no end so driving has became a fearful proposition even for short trips.
I only have so much to spend and it seems between the house and cost of living I am extended beyond the capability of large mechanical repairs. Beyond 4 new tires to be honest.

Just maybe the lottery tickets I purchased for my boss this morning will hit the jackpot, there again, maybe I have as much chance of getting the building fund back from the Huckins as I do of winning the lottery..

Back to writing and re-writing country and western songs I guess...

“True country music is honesty, sincerity, and real life to the hilt.”- Garth Brooks