Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day


Waking up at 3am freezing cold is starting to wear on me. I'm unsure what happened to that "dry, warm" winter forecast. We went from unseasonably warm to unseasonably cold overnight.

I'm a little scared to phone John to see if he is coming to Ruidoso to help work on the trailer this week-end. The emotional roller coaster is difficult and when I can't get help it sends me into a spiral of depression.

One of the people who refused to loan me a small tractor to put the soil back onto the concrete footings of the barn telephoned me yesterday to ask if I would look after their horse ranch so they could go on vacations. I don't know why such makes me smile.. but it does. I'm confident that they couldn't see the irony, and just as confident that they meant no harm.. but, well sometimes the ironies of life do make one smile.

The alfalfa has attracted the deer, and the fawns are simply delighted with the soft mineral deer blocks. My fear that Rio and Copper would go into hunt mode didn't happen. Of course Rio had to test the water but soon found an angry doe not to her liking.
Smart girl.






To all of the military members, past, present and future, who protect their countries with selfless patriotism. I thank you, your family and loved ones.