Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Thankful For.. Old Friends..


Mike Snow has been a friend for years, and he's such a dedicated, and humble, servant of the Lord. Farmer, pastor, author he is a wonderful kind and caring human being. Mike married another friend of mine, Carmen. Carmen is a Christian music teacher who was born, raised and who still lives & teaches in Romania while she is getting her PhD in music.
Carmen's daughter, Annie, is the artist responsible for the book cover.

Mike's latest book, "Oh Holy Night" a reflection of the Christmas truce, is available through Amazon, or through his web site. www.mikesnow.org
I highly recommend it. When Mike was last in Ruidoso I had a home and he had written a wonderful book about "Christian marriages" that I proof read for him and that book was simply life changing. The UK based website “Christmas Truce” reviews “Oh Holy Night” and calls is “a fantastic read“. You can read the full review over at the Christmas Truce.

Ted Pressley, founder and president of Cowboys For Christ, wrote to me this past week wanting an update on my situation. On my home, barn.. any forthcoming help. Sadly I never responded fearing that I'd sound like the Grinch stealing others joy.
Ted is a wonderful brother in Christ and he somehow manages to bring joy and a joke or two into any situation.

Ted will be preaching at the NCHA Futurity in Fort Worth,Sunday,November 28th at 10:30 in the John Justin Arena at 10:30 http://www.facebook.com/l/41b1erWYbCNj6umMGY2wBLYxN5A;am.Come as you are and bring your family and friends! If you are in the area I recommend that you go to the service.

As I walked through Wal-Mart yesterday Pastor Marty Lane came rushing around the corner of an aisle and gave me a tap on my shoulder. Whenever new residents in Lincoln County ask what church I recommend I always tell them. "Christ Church In The Downs." Al & Marty Lane. I can't ever put into words the respect I feel for Al & Marty Lane. They are awesome on fire for the Lord Christians, and they have certainly had their own cross to bear in recent years.
They both put up with my pro-life campaign during the Terri Shiavo tragedy and many other situations before and after.

Daryl & Debbie Dunn. They left Ruidoso and moved their house painting business to Truth & Consequences maybe two years ago pretty upset that the Christian community here was so lukewarm, or Christians in name only. I have only bumped into them once since that relocation. Daryl and Debbie are an absolute trip.
I met them when Daryl lost control of their car on thick ice and plummeted off an embankment into my garden, nose first. I don't think I have ever met any couple who so sincerely desires to serve the Lord, to evangelize, to reach the unsaved. They are genuine, honest, honorable. Yet life has not been gentle with them. Their road as been a terribly hard one. When I die if I can count 5 people who are powerful servants of God Daryl and Debbie will be in that number.

I know that there are others that I have not mentioned.. people who are not pew warmers but dedicated enough to walk right into the fire, to stand for the word of God in a politically correct world that see's the Word as politically incorrect. These are the "warriors" in every spiritual sense.

I am so thankful for these rock solid Christians who have been in my life as sincere friends for years. They will never know how much I appreciate them.

I'm especially thankful for my own family. My daughters and son-in-laws who are all going through financial struggles and turmoils of their own. I'm so proud of them all. I just wish I could be in my kitchen cooking Thanksgiving dinner so that one of my son-in-laws, who now resides in Missouri, could walk through the door and say, "we arrived JUST in time."

I miss those roast beef, mashed potatoes, freshly baked chocolate cake "just in time" moments and will treasure them forever.

God gave us memories that we might have roses in December. ~J.M. Barrie